15.

"Would you stop it?"

It wasn't every night one would find themselves buckled in to a car, speeding through the outskirts of the city.

Alas, here Ace was.

To make matters worse, he was sitting across from someone that could've been mistaken as a temperamental teen, not an adult, who definitely shouldn't have passed their driver's test.

"What?"

"Stop staring at me," Jasper had no problem expressing his constant irritation. "You keep looking over here every ten seconds. It's pissing me off."

"I'm checking to make sure you don't kill us."

Jasper looked over and glared at the guard, and in that split second he heard a long vicious honk, which caused him to swerve quickly, before steering back onto the road.

"Exhibit A," At this point, Ace was far past the point of irritation. "Are you actually trying to kill us?"

"If I wanted you dead, I would've done it by now," said the blond, which definitely didn't work to ease Ace's nerves.

He was accustomed to the death threats by now, which he figured were mere jokes. He could never be sure though, not when it came to Jasper.

"All this because you couldn't sleep?"

Jasper made no attempt to respond, and only gripped the steering wheel tighter as they continued down the unlit road.

"Are you drunk?" Ace asked, but was met with silence once again.

"Will you at least tell me where we're going?"

"We're almost there." Jasper answered vaguely, which caused Ace to further regret ever saying yes to him in the first place.

He'd been on the brink of sleep, almost delirious from the amount of reality tv he'd been watching in his room, when Jasper had knocked on his door like a maniac.

He claimed he couldn't sleep and was going stir crazy in his room. He wanted to leave, to go God knows where. Ace had initially told him to fuck off, and take a melatonin any other sane person.

He's quickly learning that Jasper was far sane.

It only took a bit of badly rehearsed reverse psychology before Ace caved, because like Jasper had so happily reminded him

"If I leave without you and something happens to me, you're going to be the one responsible."

So here Ace was, in the passenger seat of Jasper's car, allowing his life to be put in danger.

And for what?

Because the Prince himself couldn't sleep?

He's thinking he would've rather dealt with the consequences of something happening to Jasper, than be dealing with the irrational blond at all.

"You're speeding." Ace stated, taking notice of the speedometer that was gradually increasing with every minute.

"Fuck off."

"Are you not the one who begged me to come with you? I was perfectly content in my bed."

"Shut up," Jasper hissed. "You weren't even sleeping."

"How would you even know that?"

"I heard your TV," Jasper said rushed. "We're almost there. You can relax."

They drove down the nearly empty road for a couple more minutes, before Jasper made a sharp turn onto a dirt road that looked like it led into the woods.