Chapter III: Fight! Axl vs Meiling

Meiling squared up, but Axl just stood there. "C'mon, get into a stance," Meiling growled.

Axl just gazed at her, almost boredly, "I am in a stance, " he deadpanned, "If you don't believe me, just try hitting me." Meiling's glare intensified, and she swung a fist at Axl's gut, but faster than she could blink, he had blocked her strike and slugged her so hard, she had to brace herself from flying off. Skidding back, Meiling looked up at Axl, who smiled a little, before launching himself at her, furiously striking at speeds faster than the eye can see. "Understand now? If you're fast enough, skilled enough, and aware enough, the best stance is a neutral stance." Axl stopped his strikes and suddenly vanished, reappearing behind Meiling with his hands on the ground. "Unfortunately, That's checkmate," he said, "[Mimic Sign: Ocean of Sand]." The ground at Meiling's feet seemed to liquefy for a moment and she was immediately buried in the ground up to her shoulders. "Looks like I win, you owe me any three favors. I'll be back later to dig you up, but for now I'll go inside." A swirling vortex appeared in front of Axl's hand (It's actually just a Glamourized gap, but no one but Axl knows this) and he walked through it.

-scene break: a Chibi Meiling trying to escape being buried Super Smash Bros style-

It seemed to most of the residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion to be just another day, but in the basement sealed behind a door reinforced with both chains of silver and barriers of magic, the mistress of the mansion's little sister, Flandre Scarlet knew better. After all, even if she were as childish as she looked (and sometimes acted) she would understand that a boy suddenly appearing in your room is not normal.

"Who're you" the petite blonde vampire asked Axl. The boy, no the young man, looked at her, blue eyes glittering like sapphires, "I'm a new friend, feel free to call me what you wish for now," Axl replied jovially.

Flandre gave him her biggest smile, "Okay, Onii-chan."

Axl immediately doubled over clutching his chest, "Onii-chan! Are you ok," Flandre cried out, not knowing what happened.

"Yeah, I'm ok," Axl grunted back, straightening up, "You just nearly gave me diabetes with how utterly precious you are, Flan-chan. Anyway, that's not the point, I came here to play with you."

Flandre cocked her head to the side, "Play? What did you want to play?"

Axl gave her a gentle, yet knowing smile, "Danmaku," he stated simply. Flandre looked shocked for a split second, before another diabetes inducing smile replaced it, "That sounds fun, Onii-chan, but isn't my room a bit too small for that?" Did I detect a small quaver in her voice there, Axl thought before replying, " I have a solution for that, don't worry, watch this," he clapped his hands together, saying, "[Mimic Sign: Endless Reflection]." All of a sudden, the  room started to expand, the walls and ceiling of the already spacious bedroom to become even further away, until the room was the size of the arena in the Roman Colosseum, and stood 10 stories tall. "How's this, Flan-chan? Enough room in this Pocket Dimension to stretch your wings?"

Flandre looked around in awe, before turning back to Axl, "What about my stuff? I don't want Sakuya, Patchy, and Meiling to have to fix everything."

"That's sweet of you, Flan-chan, but don't worry, this room is just a replica of your room, a mere warped reflection if you will. Anything we break in here will be just fine once we leave the Pocket Dimension," Axl assured her, "Now before we begin, I would like to put together a few things to spice the game up a little bit." Axl brought an arm up, as if to check a wristwatch, and with that hand, pointed at his feet and said, "[Mimic Sign: Tortured Time Loop]," causing a light blue star shaped cross to appear on the ground beneath his feet. He then framed Flandre with his thumbs and index fingers, before flicking his right pinky, "[King's Vestige: Red Thread of Fate]." Both Flandre and Axl began to glow with a red aura, and a second star shaped cross appeared at Flandre's feet, this one being orange. "There. Now would you like to make the first move?" Flandre looked at Axl, unable to keep the hesitation and worry from her face any longer. In response, Axl winked at her, "Don't worry, Little Miss Scarlet, I'm very strong, and VERY durable. Not to mention tricky." But Flandre was still kind of worried, Axl was being so nice, and being such a gentleman, she couldn't very well refuse, could she? What would Onee-sama think if she were to see me refuse? Flandre thought, before her darker side thought, Who the hell cares? I'm not little miss perfect, she's upstairs, and this guy obviously has a deathwish. Who asks a monster like me to play danmaku with them? His funeral. "Okay, Onii-chan," Flandre exclaimed, her bright smile returning momentarily, before her expression twisted into somewhere between a sad grimace, and an insane grin, "Just, please don't be mad if I hurt you too much."