Chapter VI: Friends: GET!!!

Axl was excited, so many cute girls in one place, he thought. He was sitting in his traditional Japanese styled living room, using some magical puffs of air, he brought in some cups, two steaming kettles and a lidded porcelain bowl and pitcher, "I'm afraid I only have Green Tea and Coffee, is that okay," he asked the ladies.
"I'll take some Tea, Please," said Remilia.
"Coffee for me," said Patchouli.
"Sakuya?"
"Tea is fine."
"Can I have some Coffee, Onii-chan," asked Flandre.
"Are you sure Flan-chan? It's quite bitter," Axl asked, "I mean I have Milk and Sugar here, but I don't know how well you'd be able to hold down the milk, and I'm not sure sugar would be strong enough alone."
"It's fine, Onii-chan, If it's from you, I like it."
"Okay Flan, just don't say I didn't warn you," Axl sighed, handing Flandre a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
"So," Remilia said, "Flan seems fond of you, how did you do it so fast?"
"I just showed her kindness and respect, even after she lost control while we 'played' that first time." Remilia did a quick doubletake, almost spitting her drink out in the process.
"Interesting, Not many people can survive when Flan loses control," Patchouli mused, absently rubbing her best friend and landlady's back as she tried to recover from nearly drowning herself with a mouthful of tea.

"Believe me, I know," Axl replied, dead serious, "and that's part of why she likes me so much, I died multiple times trying to calm her back down, and I still showed her real love and kindness, and for someone as lonely as Flan-chan, that meant the world to her."
It was Patchouli's turn for a double take, and luckily for her, her mouth was empty, "Woah, woah, woah, back up a little bit there, you died?! Multiple times?!"
"Yeah, I've gathered tons of little bits and pieces of strange magic over time," Axl replied flatly, "Honestly, that one isn't even the weirdest magic I know, but we don't know each other well enough for me to discuss that magic yet."
"Are you even human anymore," asked Patchouli incredulously.
"I guess it would be apt to describe me as a god of Mischief and Magic, but who am I kidding? No, I am as human as Reimu, Marisa, or Miss Pouty Sakuya over there." Sakuya had been making a point of looking away for the entire conversation, only having spoken when she was asked tea or coffee, Axl sighed, "Miss Izayoi, if you don't stop sulking, I will have Flan come and tickle you."
Sakuya flushed for what seemed to her to be the millionth time today, and turned to Axl, the heat of embarrassment licking her cheeks like flames, "And what worthwhile conversation could I have with a degenerate like you, hm?"

"How about how adorable you look when you're flustered for starters," Axl replied, giving her his best parody of the 'dashing rogue' smirk as he could muster. "C'mon, sweetheart," he said in an over exaggerated flirty tone, "Don't give me the cold shoulder, all I wanted to do is defend a sweet maiden's honor." He followed this by wiggling his eyebrows stupidly, just to show he was kidding before his face turned serious, "but for real though, it appears that I'm the only person who is going to be able to stop that horrible nickname from spreading further than it already has, and knifing everyone who says it has got to be difficult, yes? How about this as a solution: You three fight me, and if I win, you each have to do me 2 favors of my choice, and if you win, I owe you each 2 favors of anything I can do."

"Sounds good to me," said Remilia.
"I just hope I can actually help without getting exhausted," muttered Patchouli.
"You'll regret taking me and Ojou-sama on at the same time," Sakuya crowed.
"Alright, Meet me in the yard in 5," Axl said, standing up, "Come with me Flan, There's something I wanna ask you about."

And that's it for this chapter people. I know it's kinda short, and it's mostly dialogue, but while this chapter's title may seem like a misnomer, this dialogue was necessary to set up the next chapter (Which is probably mostly gonna be a fight) which will be the foundation of the events allowing their friendships to blossom. So once again I apologize for the short chapter, but just know I "should" upload again soon. For now tho Friends and Readers, I'll catch you on the flipside of Wattpad, ParaCiph is out, DEUCES!

686 words