Same Boat

Jungkook POV

It's been months since Yoongie Hyung been bugging me of taking this retreat. It's sort of spiritual and wellness reorientation slash vacation with a coach. It's far from Seoul and very exclusive for those who are seeking of mental and emotional support. I'm sort of okay...now I guess.
Being busy with comebacks and promotions keeps me occupied. Breaking up with her still feigns me but I managed. When you've been dreaming for something, for that long and then you have it out of nowhere, but then you realized, it's far from what you have imagined... it sucks.
I been keeping this to myself for too long. I want to be the best for her. I want her to see me as a man. I guess the hardest part is that I still keep on wishing that she can see my worth.

I arrived late in the afternoon. A middle-aged woman welcomes me with a warm smile. This area is not that bad. Actually better than I imagined. It has a country style log cabin houses facing the clear water lake. There's a strawberry, flower and zen garden. But what amazes me is the cherry blossoms arranged in a perfect line.

"Yep, I perfectly need this"

The middle-aged woman clears her throat and offers me her warm smile.

"Mr. Jeon we're glad to finally meet you. My nephew actually called me earlier to check on your arrival. Have you read our brochure? Its actually not like other retreat program. You can modify your activities, from meditation, nature trekking, music therapy, arts and crafts. Yes includes painting. Oh every night we have bonfire, excepts when it's raining or snow of course. We'd like to cater on your convenience. If you need something just give me a ring"
She smiles and gives me a "go-on-ask-me" look.

"Ahm, auntie, about food..."

"Owww, silly of me to forgot. We have a common dining area beside the lake. You can ask the cook anytime. Or we can deliver it to your cabin if you want. But we encourage you to dine with the others.

She stopped for a while, as if trying to remember something.

"And speaking of others, you've got company. I know i promised your management for exclusivity but she already booked way ahead of you so there's nothing I can do. She signed the contract."

It rings my ear "She"? Who could that be? Must be a rich brat reflecting and contemplating about life. I mean, i'm also here. That could also mean I'm one of those rich brat.

"Mr. Jeon..."

"Please call me JK, Ajumma."

"JK dear, i hope you don't mind having her here. I've meet that child and she's so precious, a bit naughty, but still precious. I hope you get along well. Maybe you can help each other."

With that she left me in front of a log cabin built from cypress wood comes with a single bedroom and an outdoor terrace. I can retreat to the porch with a book and a cup of coffee. As i open the door, a spacious receiving area with large window facing the lake welcomes me. Everything is perfect. This could be a good place for couple. This could be OUR place. Then it hits me, I was not totally over her.

Lisa POV

"Ahhhhh!!! It's already 3pm. That was the longest nap I ever had since all those ruckus. I should call Ajumma. I'm starving."

I've been in this paradise just a few hours ago and I think I could actually live here. Maybe raise some cats, goats, sheep. I dunno. It's peaceful. The serenity I just needed since 14 years old. Where did those years gone by. I mean I'm really grateful and all, but no matter what I do, no matter how much effort I put unto it... it feels not enough. I've been a good artist, a good daughter, a good person. Why are they coming at me like I did some heinous crime. Sometimes I'm asking myself if being an artist is what I really want. Deep in my heart I know the answer.

*riiiiiing

A certain person been annoying me, Bambam.

"Yo! Bruh, are you okay!?! Where are you?!? Jisoo noona told me to give you space. Come on!!!! Am I not therapeutic enough to you. Im like the psychologist of our group. Pokpak!!! Answer me!!! Am I not a good bestfriend huh!!!"

I can literally see how drama queen he is in the other line.

"Bam, you're literally giving me stress right now. Chill bro! Why the heck are you yelling at me! I just woke up! And i'm on retreat. So. You. Can't. Bother. Me. Right. Now". Exasperatedly explaining to him.

"Bam. I'm totally fine. I'm fine. I'm okay. I just need to get away from negativity."

A long silence breaks with a sigh from other line.

"I know you're not Fine, Li. Those articles are not true. By the way, congrats on your solo. That was bad-assery by the way. But what I'm saying is, people are coming at you with no evidence. The heck with cultural appropriation and we know our government back home is kinda, erm, i dunno not good. But Li, I know there's more to it than this. You can tell me. Unless you're worried about those dating rumor with who was it again..."

A boisterous laugh heard from other line. Instead of being pissed, it kinda made me laugh.

"Come on... it's the least of my concern you know that Bam. I have lots of... lots of things on my mind right now and being involved on a dating scandal is way way out of it. I just want our group to be more... to last longer. To last stronger. And it feels like I'm dragging them down."

I know Bambam knows this but he can't just understand. Like everyone adores him, unlike me.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop right there. Where's Lalisa Manoban. What have you done to her huh! Gosh! You kidnapped her!!! What do you want? Money? Sorry but mai me tang ka!"

I couldn't contain my laughter. Gosh this idiot.

"Baaaaam! Pabo. I'm gonna call you in a week's time. Just keep your drama ass calm. I'm fine. Just tell Ten, Minnie and Sorn we'll grab lunch when I came back. Speaking of lunch I need to go. Bye"

"Bye,Lali. Just call me anytime. Okay?"

A beep sound was heard from the other line. Now I really have to grab my late lunch or maybe snacks.

As I walk towards the dining hall, i saw ajumma and a man's back facing the lake.

"Cool. I guess I got some company"

Ajumma smiles widely at me and waves her hand.

"There you are Li!!! Come let's have snacks and I want you to meet someone"

I jogged smiling towards them and got my foot rooted the instant the man faced my direction.

" The fuck."
It came out on my mouth the moment I saw how his smiling face turned sour.