Exes and Whys

Jungkook POV

Sunset came so fast. As expected, Ajumma's staff were preparing the bonfire. It could have been a welcome party if it were in a large group, but there's only me and Lisa. I don't want to think it looks like a date. But It kinda looks like one. But I brushed off the thoughts. I'm comfortable being friends with her and don't have plans of taking it further.

"Aisssh, what am I thinking..."

"Jk, do you eat smores? And oh I ask ajumma for Gogi and....uhmmm....soju too?"

I eyed this girl as if looking at a little girl who is about to do a crime.

"Yah!!!! You promised! Kookieyah!"

Can she be more adorable and annoying at the same time?

"Fine. Fine. Fine. And what did you just call me? Kookie? That's new. Do you want me to call you babe or doll too?"

That didn't come out good. I'm getting too comfortable with her in a short period of time. That couldn't be good.

"Call me Limario"

And just like that, I feel like I'm back in my comfort zone.

"Okay Limario, do you have plans with this first night 'welcome bonfire' party?"

I ask the girl beside me, who is too busy with her smores and meat.

"Uhm, i dunno, aside from eating and star gazing. Maybe sleep? How about you kookie?"

That childish endearment didn't left unheard. It gives me those tingling sensation but I rather not go there.

"How about getting to know, like 20 questions... something. And if you don't want to answer you'll have to do dare or drink... something like that"

She looked at me as if I just made the most outrageous statement in the entire history.

"What are you, like 12? That's too cliché kook... but okay let's do it. Ahaha! Nobody will judge us here right?"

She's too unpredictable. I missed this kind of fun.

Lisa POV

As JK and I gather around the bonfire and enjoying some grilled meat, hotdogs and smores, I could help but notice how comfortable we are with each others' company and yet we never really know each other that much. Even if we basically have the same sets of friends. After all those years. Silly as it may sound but 20 question games might be fun to start.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! This smores is sooooo goood!" Can't help gushing over my food.

"So kook, 1st question..."

Trying to start the game.

"Wait, are we starting already? Fine ladies first I guess"

And he handed me some hotdogs while giving him my biggest grin.

"Okay, first question... best female group?"

He gave me those bunny smiles and trying to contemplate his answer.

"Blackpinkeu???"

"Whaaaat!! With a question mark? You can't be kidding right. Haha! Okay I'll let it slide. Your turn."

"Who's your BTS bias?"

And that earned him a huge laugh from me.

"Kook, can you be more original? And what made you think I have Bias in BTS. Are they that famous?"

He gave me that "you can't be serious" look and raising of right eyebrow, which I find hot. What? Did I just think he's Hot? I mean Not.

"Okay. Okay. It's Taehyung Oppa, I mean Sumbaenim"
Just to hide my sinful thoughts. I answered Taehyung. I mean, I really like his style though but...

"Do you like V hyung?"
He asked me, as if I was talking alien language.

"Woah, next question's mine kook. No cheating. Okay. Why'd you break up?"

And that changes the whole mood. Gosh I should not be drinking. But it was just a sip!

"I mean sorry, my real question is...."

I'm trying to save my face when he...

"You saw us didn't you?"

And my sole reason why I don't what myself be associated with him is now out on the open.

I couldn't look his eyes nor his face, because I can see the pain. And I'm not good with it. I even deny my own pain masking it with fake laugh and fake smiles, let alone help someone with their own. I can feel it and it's draining me.

"Yeah. I was there when you ended your relationship with IU sumbaenim. I mean, I was totally in the wrong place and at the wrong time. I want to approach you but luckily V oppa was there for you. I don't want to meddle. I'm sorry. I may not understand your pain but I felt it. Aishhh! Mianhae. Can we just stop this I just ruined the mood".

Then night ended a bit awkward but it seems well. JK and I had comfortable silence and a small talk as if we've known each other for a long time. Before settling in for the night, JK being a gentleman, walk me to my cabin which is basically just beside his.

"Hey, I'm so sorry for asking you that question. It was insensitive of me..."

"Lisa, i'm fine. Don't worry. Okay? Goodnight to you Lali."

Faint smile crossed his lips. Before he walked towards his cabin.

"Kook, you're just like me. When you said you're Fine. But actually you're still Hurting. I'm not in the position to tell you to move on or accept it, 'coz even myself couldn't do it... for now. Goodnight kookie."

He might not heard those words but I'm still hoping he'll realize one day that he'll get through it... eventually.