Sunsets' Collide

Lisa POV

I was waiting for this moment.

Watching the Sunset.

Others might find it depressing to watch. As for me, it's quiet the opposite. I've perceived it to be a gift. It means another beautiful moments just pass us by. I'm at awe and I just humbled myself of being in the presence of something so grand.

Lounging and watching the sunset with an amazing person beside me is the best way to end the day. Watching the sun descend beyond the horizon.

"Kook, have you heard the story about the Sun and Moon? How the Sun loved the Moon so much, that he died every night to let her breathe..." I asked him.

He might think I'm the weirdest and most random person right now. But I don't care.

"What about their story then?" He asked me back.

I never thought he would put up to my quirks and eccentricities.

"You see... The Sun was a god of sorts. His light was so powerful it actually brought herbs to life and grew goods from the ground. Everyone, every day, came out to worship him.
The Moon was seen as a darkness. One that brought a cold presence to the world. Everyone hid in their homes when she rose.
The Moon craved to be seen. She wanted a breath of fresh air up in the midnight sky. She wanted to be loved.
Yet everyone admired the Sun. They sensed the warmth of his glow. They felt alive in his daylight.
But the Sun had a secret: he admired the Moon. He recognized her secrecy and fell for the way she was timid with herself. She hid parts of herself from the world that he knew the world would embrace.
They were opposite souls, the Sun and Moon. They were lovers who rarely met and always missed one another. Yet they both waited patiently for the rare days when they might coexist peacefully.
The Sun wanted to make his true love happy in his absence. He wanted to show the world what she had to offer.
He thought for weeks about how to give her the breath of air she wanted, leaving the world in a cloudy haze.
Finally he knew what he had to be done.
He sacrificed his light every night to shine on the Moon so she could be seen in all her beauty.
He gave up something he was admired for to let her shine."

I looked for his reaction but he just gazed at me as if I'm some sort of a Philosopher sharing words of wisdom. I could not blame him. I'm weird most of the time. Even myself can't comprehend my own thoughts.

"So what are you, Jeon, are you the moon or the sun?"
I asked him to wake from his trance.

"At first, I thought I was the moon. But somehow I want to be the Sun, Lis." His answer caught me by surprise.

"I want to be someone's Sun. I want to sacrifice... no...I can definitely sacrifice my Light, for her to shine." He added.

His words somehow gives a bit of heaviness in my chest. She's really lucky afterall. He love her that much.

Jungkook POV

I was sitting next to Lisa, watching the sun touches the horizon until the moon and stars starts to show up.
My trance was cut when she asked me those question.
I haven't thought of my self like that. But I want to believe, that I can be a Sun. Her sun. But I guess not anymore.

"How about you, ms Manoban. Have you thought of yourself wether you're a sun or a moon?" I watched her as her expression changes.

I couldn't fathom if she's hurting or having hard time finding the answer. But that was but a brief sight. She immediately changed, wearing her usual smile, which I was able to familiarize in a very short period, a smile that hides thousands of emotions.

" I don't know know, Kook. Unlike you, I never been in a relationship." She tried to make her voice sounds alive again.

"But if I were to choose, I'd be a Sun, too. I think I can sacrifice my happiness for that person's own." She said.

"Well let me get another soju for that answer then." I said to lighten the mood.

As I tried to reach for the glass from her side. Gravity must be playing tricks on us. I tripped and accidentally landed on top of her. Cliché. But at that moment it feels like I've been struck by a lightning bolt. Must be the soju. But I feel it. I know it.

My eyes on Lisa's lips, then on her eyes, hers on mine, and both of us catching our breaths, watching and waiting for each other's next move.
Lisa closed her eyes, but mine still open. Been wondering what will it feel like, her lips on mine?

And just like a secret unfolds, a promise kept and a rainbow after a storm.

I bent down and the rest of my words were lost against her lips. I kissed her gently, carefully. And just as I want to stop, she responded to my kisses. I can feel the tension as she knotted her fists in my shirt, pulling me closer against her. I groaned softly, low in my throat, which I never thought I had it in me. Even when I'm with IU. Everything is new. The passion. The desire to protect. The palpable connection I've been looking for such a long time.

And I think this time I'm more than willing to be Her Only Sun.

But beyond this delightful moment, is a danger watching them from afar.