3: Sleeping

3rd Person

It'd been awhile, and as time progressed, the two males grew closer and closer. As friends of course, merely friends. Mark's friends still questioned his reasoning behind so suddenly befriending the idiot that is Jackson, but nevertheless they were alright with it. Mark hung out with Jackson's friends a bit, Jackson with Mark's friends at times, all of them together, it was nice really, they all got along well. Mark found himself hanging out at Jackson's house all and Jackson found himself at Mark's place more and more often. Slowly, the two became inseparable, the best of friends. The two could sit down and talk for hours and hours about anything.

One thing Mark found particularly amusing was when Jackson talked about girls. Mark was very lacking in the romance department to say the very least, but he knew enough to know that Jackson was a dumbass with girls. He'd talk about one girl, than another, than another, and say he cared about them all, but Mark always had the same response.

"But do you care about her enough to leave the other's?" He'd ask. And Jackson always said the same thing.

"Nope."

Then Mark would give one of his lectures about how that made him a terrible boyfriend and Jackson would argue that he just liked spending time with all of them. Which Mark's argument to was that that's why you be friends with them, not date all of them. And Jackson would just shrug it off and continue to rant and rant about one girl or another.

Mark would be lying if he said his friend's constant on and off relationships didn't bother him, but he'd never forcefully interfere, he could do whatever he wanted after all, but it still always urked him just a bit, for reasons unknown to him.

On that particular day Mark and Jackson were on Jackson's couch, Jackson's head on Mark's lap as the smaller boy's fingers ran through Jackson's hair lightly. It was a position they'd become quite comfortably in, and it worked out since Mark loved to play with Jackson's hair, and Jackson loved to sleep, which he often did when they were like this.

Soft hums escaped from Mark's lips as he looked up to the tv, fingers entangled in Jackson's dark locks. The taller, however, was half asleep, comfortably snuggling to his best friends lap.

"Markieee.." He mumbled sleepily.

"Hm?" Mark replied shortly as he kept his eyes directed at the screen,

"I loveeee youuuuu~" Jackson said in a playful, childish tone as he peeked his eyes open to look up to his friend. Of course, he meant it in a friendly way, not a romantic way.

"Love you too Jackie~," Mark cooed back to him. "Now get some sleep, you seem tired.." He said, the stroking to his friends hair slowing.

Jackson nodded a short, sleepy nod, before his eyes fell completely shut once again and his breath began to slow, soon he'd fallen to sleep.

Mark wasn't even slightly sleepy, he usually wasn't when Jackson was, but then again Jackson was always sleepy. He sat quietly, not wanting to disturb the sleeping idiot. He didn't mind times like this, he really liked them actually. He could just a sit awhile and admire Jackson's features. His pronounced jawline, his hair that always fell perfectly into place, and the plump lips that sat so kissably on his face.

He honestly understood why every girl liked him now, he was entertaining, he was a total flirt, and he was incredibly handsome. The man of every girl's dreams..

When times like this arose Mark usually just sat quietly, tracing the younger boy's face ever so lightly with the tip of his finger, the brim of his nose, his hair line, his jaw, his lips.. Mark had a kind of fascination with Jackson's lips, he didn't even understand it himself really, there was just something that drew him into them, they just looked so soft.. and inviting.. Sure, he thought himself crazy for thinking like that, but what did it matter if Jackson was asleep..

Mark leaned down a bit to leave a short, soft kiss to his friends his lips before pulling his head back up.

'Just like I'd thought they'd be.. soft..~' The older boy had thought to himself. Jackson was an incredibly deep sleeper, and he didn't even stir slightly at the feeling.

'But these lips will never be mine to kiss..'  His thoughts continued as he ran his thumb over the boy's lower lip.

'But I'm just going to have to be okay with that, I suppose..' His thoughts finished as he left a light peck to Jackson's forehead, his fingers resuming in weaving through the younger boy's hair, his eyes coming back up to the tv, as a soft sigh escaped his lips.

//authornim.
Wooh for trying out different writing styles I guess? Idk this chapter was short, I apologize for that, but it was necessary to the plot. I'll probably update later on, probably, not for sure. But thank you any and all readers, you all deserve a hug. Any feedback is appreciated.<3 

P.S. MUCH LOVE TO THOSE WHO ALSO READ MY KAISOO STORY<3