12; Disaster

//authornim.
i'm so sorry, in advance.

2nd Person

Sunday evening was when it'd occurred, the usually so calm Sunday evening.. Jackson had decided to take Mark out on a date that night. They were going to eat in a little Chinese shop, just down the road from Jackson's apartment. They were both excited as they strode down the sidewalk, hand in hand. They were always excited on their date nights, because they were always fun. Even if the pair didn't talk much as they ate, they still enjoyed being in each other's presence. That particular date was special though, special in the worst way imaginable.

Mark's POV

I was content.

Jackson's large hand clasped around mine was always a comforting feeling. I stayed close to his side as we weaved through the large crowds of people cluttering the city's sidewalks.

We were going to eat at a little Chinese restaurant of Jackson's choice, he'd eaten there before and said it was good, so we decided that's where we'd go for dinner.

"Can I have a kiss?" Jackson asked softly with playfully puckered lips as we walked side by side on the sidewalk.

"If you want a kiss, come and get it," I teased him with a grin as I turned to walk backwards, in front of him. I took both of his hands in mine and giggled puckering my lips as well.

A grin spread across Jackson's pink lips at my words as he took a step forward to steal a kiss from my lips.

Just a moment before his lips met mine, his eyes widened, and I felt myself be pushed so hard that I flew backwards.

I landed on the hard road with a thump and a surprised yelp, before I blinked my eyes open a half-second later at the sound of a loud truck horn.

The sight before my eyes wasn't one I could've ever prepared myself for. The sight of Jackson being hit by a truck was one that I'd have implanted in my head the rest of my life.

It didn't take me even another moment to realize why I'd been pushed.

I'd stepped into the road,
Jackson saw the truck,
Jackson pushed me,
Jackson saved me..

"NO!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. "NO! NO! NO!" I yelled repeatedly as tears began to stream down my cheeks. The truck had stopped, it'd stopped just after it'd hit him.

"Jackson!" I screamed as I picked myself up from the road quickly and rushed towards Jackson. He was bloodied all over, from head to toe, large gashes and bruises covering him.

"No, no Jackson no.." I mumbled with shaky breaths as I pulled Jackson's head to my lap. Tears were flowing endlessly down my pale cheeks. Jackson's eyes were barely open.

"M-mark.." He said in a soft whisper before his eyes fell shut.

"No no no.. Jackson no, wake up, open your eyes, Jackson please.." I said, breaths coming out uneven through my tears as I leaned my forehead down to connect it to his. I could hear sirens in the distance, but I drowned out the sound, simply listening to the sound of Jackson's extremely faint breaths.

3rd Pov

When the medics arrived, they quickly lifted Jackson onto a stretcher and into an ambulance. He needed to get to the hospital immediately if there was any chance of him not bleeding out. Mark rode beside him in the ambulance, his tears never really did stop. They were like a never ending river.

He sobbed and he wept for his dying lover, wishing that he'd wake up and realize it'd all just have been a dream. But it wasn't a dream, it was reality, and reality was terrifying.

The ambulance soon arrived at the hospital. Jackson was rushed into the emergency room, and Mark was told he couldn't be in the room while the doctors worked on Jackson. So he sat alone in the empty waiting room, curled up into a little ball on his chair, his knees to his chest and his head in his knees.

After a few hours, a doctor came out of Jackson's room. Mark looked up to the doctor eagerly to hear of his condition.

'Sir, he's alive. He's severely injured, though. He's broken his leg, his foot, his hip, and his jaw. He's fractured and cracked many bones, including part of his skull. He has large gashes covering his abdomen and arms. He underwent a minor surgery on his spine in the hours he's been here, a part that if not corrected could have left him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I don't think he'll be in any condition to leave this hospital for at least a month.'

It was my fault..
It was my fault...

The words echoed unendingly in Mark's head. It was his fault Jackson was hurt, all his fault, and he hated it. He hated being the cause of his lover's pain.

"C-can I see him," Mark mumbled quietly and the doctor nodded.

'He's just regaining consciousness now. There were no signs of memory loss on his brain scans, so he should remember what happened. You're welcome to stay with him as long as you'd like.' The doctor told Mark. 'I'm sorry that this happened to him, he'll be in my prayers.' The doctor said sincerely as he lightly patted Mark's shoulder, before walking off.

Mark walked slowly towards the door to Jackson's hospital room. He'd been moved from the emergency room to his own personal room after he'd been wrapped up and his open wounds had been mended. Mark's hand slowly turned the silver doorknob and pushed the wooden door open.

Jackson's eyes were partly open, as if he was waking up from a sleep.

"Jackson.." Mark said softly as his eyes sadness-filled wandered over his boyfriend's body. Jackson looked a mess. He was bruised and cut from head to toe, and wore a large cast on his entire leg, a brace on his hip and a sling on his jaw. He looked so worn.

"Mark," Jackson said with an attempted smile crossing his lips. "Come here baby," He said softly.

Mark moved in small steps across the room towards Jackson's bedside, sitting in the small chair beside his bed.

"Don't act like a stranger baby, closer," Jackson said softly. Mark moved another seat closer to Jackson.

"Sit on this damn bed, Mark," Jackson grumbled. He didn't like how far Mark was, he couldn't reach over to him. Mark wearily sat on the bed beside Jackson and Jackson's more functional arm looped around Mark's waist.

"Can I have a kiss, baby?" Jackson asked softly. Truly, a kiss from Mark was all he wanted. Mark nodded slowly before he leaned down to connect his lips to Jackson's. But it wasn't a kiss. Mark's lips didn't move at all, not even slightly against Jackson's. A tear slipped down Mark's cheek, it slipping to slide down Jackson's cheek. Jackson pulled back from Mark's unmoving lips to see Mark's eyes welling with tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Jackson.." Mark whispered as his tears began to flow down his already tearstained cheeks. "This is all my fault.." He said as he looked down. Mark felt guilty, extremely guilty. If it weren't for him, Jackson wouldn't be lying in a hospital bed after nearly being killed.

"Shhh baby.." Jackson cooed softly as his sufficient hand came up to caress Mark's cheek. "It's okay..."

"No Jackson," Mark said, pulling away from his lover's touch. "It's not okay, it's not okay at all.." He whispered between shaky breaths.

"Do you want me to feel better?" Jackson asked and Mark just nodded, eyes still directed towards the ground. "Than give me a kiss, a real kiss. That's all I want baby.." Jackson said softly. Mark obliged this time.

He leaned forward to connect his lips to Jackson's in a gentle kiss, their lips flowed together, interlocking perfectly. Mark let out his emotions, his sadness, in the kiss.

He let his sorrows temporarily drown in his tears and in his lover's lips..

//authornim.
Sorry.