22 : Sojin

And so Jackson continued. His daily routine never faltered, visit Sojin, go to school, come home to Mark. It continued like that for the next week or so, until the next Saturday approached. Saturday, you see, was not like other days. Jackson didn't have school, which meant more time for Mark, and more time for Sojin. So that particular Saturday Jackson slept in a bit, til around 10 before he was up, getting dressed, and kissing his boyfriend goodbye. He was off to see Sojin, and today he had the opportunity to stay with her a little longer than just an hour and a half. He'd talked to Mark about it this time though, told him he'd be back around 2 or 3 and that when he got home they'd go out to a movie and to dinner. And so Mark had agreed, kissing Jackson goodbye before he snuggled back under the covers and drifted back off to sleep.

After the extensive drive Jackson had soon arrived at the hospital. He made his way to the elevator and before he knew it he was turning the silver knob to her hospital room's door. A smile lit up the small girl's lips as Jackson walked in. She was glad he was finally there, because though he'd been later, they would have more time together that day.

"Hello angel," Jackson said with a cheeky grin as he sat in the chair at the girl's bedside, intertwining their hands. Somehow Jackson didn't feel in any way as if this was romantic. He felt as if he was there as Sojin's best friend, there to support her. And skinship between best friends wasn't an odd thing at all.

1st Person-ish? ( Jackson's POV )

To me, that's all Sojin was now, she was my best friend. After all we'd been through, after all of our history, there was no way I could just exclude her from my life forever, and I knew that. She knew everything about me and I knew everything about her and that's just how things were. We were meant to be together, just maybe not in the way we were before. Just as friends now. And somehow it felt so much better than being together as a couple had felt. I felt her small hand squeeze mine and I couldn't help but to grin. Sojin, my best friend. It had a lovely ring to it.

"Hi," She replied to my words with a soft smile of her own as she looked down to her lap, a tad of pink littering her pale cheeks. She hadn't been eating very well lately and she was thinning out quite a lot, her skin was even losing it's color.

"How has your morning been?" I asked her with a curious tilt of my head as I played with her fingers. She hummed in thought a moment before she replied.

"Pretty good actually, I haven't had any test, any scans, any injections, all I've really done is taken my pills and watched The Bachelor," She replied with a content hum. She seemed relaxed, I was glad she was finally able to relax, since she was usually so tense, with her fear of hospitals and all. It seemed she was overcoming that fear as the time passed, her situation practically forced her to, really.

"Well I'm glad to hear that," I told her with a matching hum as my head moved to plop onto the bed beside where she sat. She began to string her fingers through my hair lightly, and it seemed the both of us just stopped, and enjoyed the peacefulness of that moment.

Soon Sojin had flicked on the TV and we were watching Pocahontas, as it had been playing on Disney Channel and it just happened to be her absolute favorite princess movie.

But even as Pocahontas went on about being just around the riverbend, and about the colours of the wind, Sojin was never quite paying attention. She always seemed distracted, each time I looked up to her she was stuck in a blank daze, as if lost in a maze of endless thought. I found myself scooting my head to lie in her lap as I rolled over so that I could look up to her. I was curious as to what had her mind stuck in the clouds.

"What's on your mind Jinnie?" I asked her with a curious tilt of my head. And she looked down to me quickly, seemingly startled by my abrupt words emerging from the silence.

"I'm just.. just um.." She began, pausing as if in thought. "I'm just stuck thinking about something that I lost," She told me as she continued her endeavors in playing with my hair.

"Ah, well what is it that you lost? I can help you look for it. Maybe one of the nurses has it or something," I told Sojin with a nod, assuring her that whatever was lost would be found with ease, I was sure. But she gently shook her head.

"I don't think I lost it really.. I think I threw it away, but by accident. Because I didn't know how much it meant to me," She explained, an undecipherable tone in her voice, it was almost a regretful tone, a sorrowful one. I raised a brow at her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, opening my mouth to ask more questions but I was cut off by her words.

"I threw you away. You gave me everything but I threw you away and now I'm just sitting here wishing I hadn't because you're all I've ever really needed," Sojin said, her voice rushed, almost as if she was frustrated, upset, upset with herself.

So I sat, I sat quietly, unable to formulate another response within the next second or so before Sojin leaned down and our lips were connected in a slow kiss. A kiss that was filled to the brim with sadness, with despair. And it wasn't long before I felt wet teardrops from above slide down from her cheeks to my own as she began to cry. And it was slow as she did so but she did, she slowly pulled away from my lips and both of her hands moved to rest on my cheeks as she looked down to me with a sad face, and tear filled eyes. And all I could hear were her soft whispers, of 'I'm sorry Jackson, I'm so sorry.'

//authornim.
expect another update soonish.
ily all ❤