10: Mine Mine Mine

3rd POV

Jackson and Mark were together, they were finally together. But Mark knew things wouldn't be that easy, they couldn't be. Things never worked out that easily for him.

Mark was proven right.

The next day, yes, the very next day after they'd gotten together, Mark spotted Jackson with that girl, yes that girl. The one he'd brought on the double date with him and Irene. Taeyeon.

He was apologizing to her for how cold he'd been that day, with what honestly looked like a flirty smile on his face. Mark was upset, already, very very upset. So he went to where he always did with his problems, Irene.

Irene had stood by Mark all this time. Mark told her everything, and she told Mark everything. They knew all of each other's secrets, each other's insecurities. They were best friends.

Irene had told Mark a hundred times that he was stupid, stupid for trusting Jackson so easily. And Mark knew that he was, he just couldn't help himself, and Irene understood that. She just didn't want to see her friend in tears when some dick tried to break his heart, and that's how she'd thought of Jackson really. After all, the only time she'd really met him he was flirting with a slut, her 'friend'.

Irene didn't trust Jackson to take good care of Mark. As his best friend, she was worried. And when Mark went to meet with her that particular study hall, her first words were I told you so.

But than, as a good friend, she comforted Mark. Mark really had faith and Jackson, she might as well just make him feel better now, to deal with a little more hurt later.

"You know he's used to being like that, I bet he doesn't know the difference between friendly and flirty," Irene assured Mark with a pat to his back. Mark quickly rebuttled.

"So he treats all those girls the exact same way he treats me?" Mark asked, an odd tone in his voice, hurt.

"No, no... He treats you much better than them, I know that for sure. His biggest pet peeve is people touching his hair, but he let's you, he tells you he loves you.. You're better than those girls, don't worry Mark," Irene said, tapping her friends cheek lightly. Mark just nodded his head.

He had to believe Irene, he just had to. It was to only sane, levelheaded reasoning he had right now, so he just went along with it.

Their study hall ended, and Mark was off to lunch. He headed to the little spot where him and Jackson always ate, to see Jackson already waiting there, not alone. Jackson was sitting beside a female.

It wasn't Taeyeon, but that was about all Mark could tell. And following what his gut told him to do, he didn't go to eat with them, he just walked off, walking around the campus by himself. He didn't like to see Jackson with other girls, not at all. And he didn't want to spend lunch with Jackson and some girl..

He skipped lunch that day, resuming his classes once the lunch period ended. He'd gotten a few dozen texts from Jackson asking where he was, to which he didn't reply. As of right now, Jackson didn't deserve to know.

Jackson had been so jealous when Mark was around anyone, didn't he ever even consider that Mark could be the same? Apparently not.

After the rest of his classes, Mark began to walk out of the school, but was quickly trapped in the arms of an annoyed and pouty Jackson.

"Excuse me mister, where do you think you're going," Jackson said in a playful sassy tone.

"Home." Mark replied bluntly, rolling his eyes a little. Jackson was surprised. He honestly didn't know what'd happened to make Mark like this.

"Mark is something going on...?" Jackson asked, clearly confused, his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders, holding him in place.

"I don't know, ask all the girls you've been hanging around," Mark replied, tone still annoyed and blunt as he stepped out of Jackson's grip, beginning to walk home. Jackson couldn't help the smile that grew on his face, thinking to himself 'wow, that really worked..'.

Jackson caught up to Mark, walking beside him with a big cocky grin on his face.

"So you got jealous?" Jackson asked confidently. Mark looked a little surprised, but than just nodded. He didn't expect Jackson to be so happy.

"Hmm well my little test worked. Now I know for sure that you get just as jealous as I do," Jackson said happily and Mark gaped up at him.

"Jackson Wang!" He yelled, annoyed that that'd been a test.

"Hmm and I thought you trusted me," Jackson said with a pout, and Mark narrowed his eyes at him before sighing, realizing Jackson was right.

"I-i do trust you.. It's just.. I don't know, I don't like seeing you with those girls. I trust you, I just don't trust them..." Mark said looking down a bit. Jackson tilted Mark's chin up.

"You don't have to trust them, just trust me when I say that I don't like a single one of them in any way, even slightly, I care about you. Okay Mark?" Jackson asked and Mark nodded his head, leaning into Jackson's arm.

"I trust you.." He mumbled."I trust you Jackson Wang, don't make me regret that..."

//authornim.
hehe short but necessary chapter.
I'm tired.
Thank you, and goodnight~