27 : life continues

3rd person

though that day it felt as if the world had crashed down around mark, as if it was the end, it wasn't.

even though everything in his life came tumbling down, the world kept spinning, and life went on.

with major adjustments of course.

-

irene, with open arms, had invited mark to stay with her. it only made sense, as he didn't want to see jackson at all, so going back to the apartment was out of the question.

yoongi offered to bring him by some clothes, since all mark had was the ones he had on. he'd also told him if he needed anything, he was just a call away.

in saying that, he asked for mark's phone, to put his number in, of course. and when mark, slightly more composed than he had been several hours before, reached into his pocket for his phone, he pulled it out to find it dead.

upon plugging it in and waiting a while, it eventually turned on.

and what he saw hit him like a stone.

0 missed calls 0 messages

flashed on the brightly lit screen.

jackson didn't even care that he'd left. it wasn't like mark would have wanted to talk to him anyways, but still. jackson knew that mark had left, how upset he was, and he didn't care at all.

maybe he just wanted mark gone.

maybe he was just going to run back to that girl.

maybe maybe maybe

the maybe's all flashed through mark's head at lighting speed. he hated the feeling that spread through him. hurt.

irene and yoongi sat beside mark on the couch still. and when they looked to see mark staring at his phone blankly, they knew how much he must be hurting.

yoongi took the phone, breaking mark's gaze at it, proceeding to punch his number in.

"im serious though mark, anything. even if it's something as simple as you can't open the bottle of toothpaste you call me and ill be here, okay?" yoongi reassured, concern written all over his face. it was getting late, and he had to head home before the traffic got too bad. though he wanted to say, irene assured yoongi that she could take care of the upsetted boy.

mark nodded his head lightly. "thank you," he replied, his voice quiet and tired. yoongi collected all his things and left soon after, leaving mark with irene. she shut the door, making her way back to the couch.

"you must be exhausted, come on, let's go to sleep," she told the eyebagged boy as she sat on the couch beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder. he couldn't agree more, sleep was all he had the will to do.

so mark laid down, right there on the couch, pulling irene down with him. he rest his chin on top of her head, eyes falling shut within seconds, he had had a hard day, after all.

though a tad surprised at her best friend's actions, irene didn't reject it. she figured the thing he needed most right now was comfort and if this was his way of getting it, she didn't mind a bit.

all she wanted was for her best friend not to have to hurt anymore.

she rest her head on his chest, and whispered a quiet goodnight and she soon drifted off into a dream of her own.

-

the next morning was a morning of change, irene had decided. change would make mark feel better, get his mind off jackson.