Chapter15

I woke up, glancing at the clock. After reciting my morning dua, I reluctantly got out of bed, feeling frustrated with the world and everything around me.

"Thank goodness it's Monday, the day after the weekend. A break from doing nothing, although I often feel more exhausted after the weekend. Burnt out. Tired. Especially these days when Auntie always takes me out for some silly shopping for kitchen utensils and whatnot."

Everything has been going smoothly between Ammar, me, and everyone else for the past week. It was also sad to see Amira in that situation. I feel bad for her. I know its not Ammar's fault, but it's never easy to have a rival.

"God, I really don't want to share my husband with any other girl. What's mine should be mine alone." I keep praying that my future husband wouldn't have a wife or girlfriend. It may sound silly, but I don't like the idea of having a rival.

So, for the past week, Yussy has been angry with me, just because I haven't stepped inside their house since whatever happened between Ammar and me.

"I still don't know the reason why." But I managed to talk to her, and now we're back to being normal. And today, I have plans to go out with Yussy. At the same time, Ammar has been pleading with me to go out with him too.

I walked across the bedroom to my bathroom and splashed water on my face, drying it with a towel. It's as good as it's gonna get. I sighed and then headed out. I brushed my hair, still wearing my pajamas, and slipped on my long hijab. I'm going to meet Yussy today.

I told Auntie that I'm going to Yussy's house, so I quietly entered their house. The house is eerily silent, and I knocked on the door. waiting patiently for the door to be open.

Hearing some footsteps coming the moment the door slide open reveal Ammar standing with a coffee in his hand.'
He's still in his sleeping cloth black sweat and black tee looking handsome

"His smile grew wider the moment he sees me
Meen you here this early?
No my ghost and besides when did you start waking up this early I asked because last time I remember he likes sleeping.

He laughed with shows his teeth.everything changes meen. "inyeeh naga fah se hasken brides kikeyi.he tease Gaskiya this your husband is so lucky.

I gave him a glare mami fah?I asked about his mother he pointed in'she's even listening to you I covered my mouth with my palms trying to turn back for some unknown reason I'm shy of his mother that I don't want her to see me and he knows that,

He let out a chuckled I'm just kidding,mami is not your inlaw that you're so shy of her wait a minute are you in love with my brother?

"I elbowed him you always like blabbering rubbish show me the way to yusrah room

If I show you your mr unknown husband have to pay me because Goverment has forbidden idle work.he mumbled closing the door.

"Won't you greet yaya he said or duk cikin love dinne he wink
Oh Allah Ammar stop it please

"I turn around seeing his brother sitting at the dining taking a coffee his brother was fair unlike Ammar his brother and yussy look like their mother while Ammar is his father photocopy.

Good morning I greeted him
Morning yesmeen
I smile back

"Yaya wai fah she's shy of mami then I asked her whether she's in love with you.
His brother just laughed while I shook my head
Crazy