Chapter31

Two weeks later..
I sniffed at the grapes on the table and asked Ammar, "Are these, like, expired or something?" He crossed his arms and leaned against the kitchen wall, saying, "Pfft, I don't know, can grapes really expire? Where did you get them?"

Ameera gave them to me, but yesterday mom told me to stay with her with a clear heart. So I went to her place today when Ammar went to the mosque, even though he told me not to. She gave me the grapes because she knows I like them. Maybe she didn't know they were expired.

I cautiously picked one up and popped it in my mouth. After about 2 seconds, I spit it out into a napkin. "Definitely expired. Move, let me throw them out," I said, dropping the napkin into the plate and walking toward Ammar. But he didn't budge.

"No, I'm not just going to let you throw away perfectly good grapes like that," he said, closing his eyes and raising his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Seriously, Ammar, just move," I said, now standing right in front of him. He smirked and replied, "If you want to throw those grapes away, you gotta get through me. Where did you get them? You didn't answer me."

I didn't want to tell him that Ameera gave them to me. Mom told me to stop doing that unless I want to create a rift between them. So I sighed "Oh my god, Ammar, you're so annoying." I mumbled as I rolled my eyes once more. Then, I leaned on my tippy-toes over his shoulder and dropped the plate of grapes into the small can, my chin brushing against his shoulder.

"Ugh!" I groaned, throwing my hands up in frustration. What should I cook

"Don't cook anything let me just order pizza
."I rolled my eyes just as he turned around,

. "What? Why are you giving me that look?"
"Nothing. you always look funny rolling your eyes,
"Oh really?

Come on, we should get to the room." he said, walking out of the kitchen and toward the staircase.

I thought we will wait for the pizza man ...." I mumbled , my head hurting thinking about walking up all those stairs.

Meen lazy"

"No it's not that, it's just- Whatever... Let's go?"I said, avoiding his eyes. He furrowed his brows.

"Ooookay...Come on should I picked you up,"he said, running up the stairs two steps at a time. My eyes widened as I gripped the railing and walked up slowly, not daring to look down. my skin paled as I climbed each step,

I took a deep breath.
I'm coming..." I said and walk carefully up the remaining three stairs where he was waiting at the doorway of the bedroom. He dramatically motioned for me to enter.

He lay down on the sofa, pulling me down onto him. We cuddled, and he smiled, placing a kiss on my cheeks.

"Meen, where did you get those grapes?" he asked. I kept quiet, closing my eyes.

"You dislike grapes now?" he inquired.

"No, I'm just not very fond of expired ones. My stomach is already starting to hurt, and I barely ate one," I replied.

"Okay, sorry," he mumbled, looking worried. "You aren't telling me where you got them?"

I didn't tell him, but I kept complaining about my stomach hurting. He grew more concerned.

"Sorry, Meen, let me find some meds for you," he said anxiously, trying to think of a solution.

"No, don't be a drama king, I'm fine," I reassured him. But he noticed my breathing growing shallow. He looked at me and saw that my face had grown pale, and I was gripping his arms tightly.