➭ Chapter 3: My Tears are Becoming a Sea

"The stars and planets are calling me
A billion years away
From you
I'm on my way"

My tears are becoming a sea – M83

▰▱▰▱▰▱

A lot of questions are running in his mind. His head buzzing and he can sure feel a headache forming behind his eyes. It's just too much information, what was going to be just a normal depressing day as any other, turned into this, finding himself inside this rusty vehicle, his backpack and gun are long gone, instead there are uncomfortable chains in his hands.

He wonder if he's made the right choice, by coming with them. At least his friends are safe, that's all that matters to him, and then they could do whatever the hell they want with him. Though the guards have those creepy black masks in their face, he can still feel the glances from the ones in front of him, watching that he doesn't escape. He just wants to reach destiny and end this once and for all.

The chains beginning to bother his wrists, the skin already hot red from the friction. They told him not to go, they insisted him, but he couldn't risk their safety. He couldn't let anyone else get hurt because of him. Everyone except Minho, he saw his friend's expression, his eyes, he knew he had to find answers, for him, for himself and for their friend.

If these people had him, if they had Newt, then he would move heaven and earth to get him out of him. He thinks about all those things he wanted to say to him and couldn't do it. The questions came back to his mind one more time. There's no way he is still alive. He watched him died, dropping limp in his own arms. He didn't want to admit it, but he was afraid, he was afraid of what he is going to find there. He can't bring himself to watch Newt go crazy all over again, he can't watch him in that state.

The vehicle came to an abrupt stop, the breaks made an awful shriek. The back doors opened and another artificial blinding light hit his eyes, almost making them water. Two strong arms grabbed him by his shoulders roughly and pulled him out of the car. He almost stumbles forward once his feet touch the hard floor beneath them, unable to hold onto anything with chained wrists. Once his eyes get used to the light, he spots a massive building, like the one in the scorch. But he knew it was not the same one, mainly because they were in the mountains, far away from the scorch and from the ruins of the last city. The building felt overwhelmingly familiar, and a cold shiver spread down his spine.

"Who do we have here?" A new person in front of him asked. This one didn't have a mask on, instead Thomas could see a long face, big green eyes and a dark stubble in his chin. The man looked in his mid-forties, a couple of grey hairs appearing.

"We brought the one Randall was searching" One of the men holding him stated, he could almost see the proud smirk under the mask. Thomas hearing sharpened at that statement, at that name. Whoever that person was, he already didn't like him.

"This is the one?"

"The final candidate"

The green eyed man grinned proudly as he came closer to Thomas. His hands crossed behind him in his back. Thomas glared at him as the man walked somberly slow, and when Thomas thought he was about to say something else, a hard fist was delivered to his abdomen. The punch knocked all the air away from his lungs as he doubled over in a failed attempt to not let out the grunt that escaped between his clenched teeth, it was also an attempt to not empty the poor contents in his stomach. The man just chuckled a sinister laughed.

The two arms holding him by his shoulders continued to move towards the building, leaving the green eyed man behind with a smirk drawn on his lips. Thomas wanted to punch him so hard in the face, blinded by the anger creeping in his bones.