➭Chapter 7: Cinnamon

"Waking in the white sun, lights out
Waiting through the days in, nights out
It's a slow cinnamon summer
Your spell is pulling me under"

Cinnamon - Jome

▰▱▰▱▰▱

It wasn't much more pleasant what was waiting for him when he finally came back to the real world.

The first thing he noticed was that there was a constant ringing inside his ears, preventing him from hearing well. He had this white ache in his bones, as if he moved a limb he would break in pieces.

The next thing he was aware of was of the needle coming out of the back of his hand. He didn't see it, being too weak to open his eyes, but he felt it. He was too familiar with needles lately.

His head was pounding, hammering more waves of nausea. He winced at the disgusting feeling, and something moved inside of the room as if his grimace gave him away to someone in there. He didn't want to see anyone, he just wanted to sleep.

He still has his eyes closed, but he somehow knew he was in dark surroundings, the only thing he was thankful for. That let him feel the agonizing throb when someone pointed a flashlight to both of his eyes. He wanted to cry.

"Welcome back, Thomas" He recognized the feminine voice of Doctor Paige speaking from his side, "You gave us quite a little scare back there"

It was all so fucking confusing. He didn't understand what was she talking about, the last thing he remembered was being informed they were moving him to more tests, and something about an extraction.

"Thomas, can you hear me?" Ava's voice sounded again, more impatient than the last time. She was trying to get him back to consciousness but his body didn't shucking cooperate.

He could at least open his eyes, but the lights were out so he couldn't exactly see Doctor Paige's face, just her silhouette. He noticed, he wasn't in his room or somewhere else familiar. This was a new place.

"Wh't hppnd?" He mumbled incoherently, the dryness of his throat felt terrible.

"Don't worry, you're okay now" A soft hand was place on the top of his head affectively. He tried not the melt in it.

"I dn't feel good" The words came out of his mouth incompletely, he was frustrated at that, he wanted his mind to finally clear and understand what was going on.

"It's totally normal. Just get some rest, okay? We'll talk when you feel better" She offered and he liked the idea of going back to sleep. He wanted that.

So before he could nod his head properly, he was already passed out cold.

▰▱▰▱▰▱

When he woke up again, his ears weren't ringing anymore, and his head was cleared enough to keep himself awake. So he stared at Doctor Paige playing with the bags of fluids next to him connected to an IV line.

"How did I end here?" He muttered raspy once he was sure he didn't want to empty his stomach anymore.

"You collapsed in the hallways yesterday, but you're okay now" She smiled reassuringly but it didn't prevent him from freaking out. I mean, he collapsed? Where the hell did that come from?

"What? Why?" He asked confused, words slurring, maybe he wasn't prepare to establish a conversation yet.

"It was a bad reaction to one of the drugs they are using in you" She explained, "Now we're bumping a medication to counteract the symptoms, don't worry" She pointed at the previous bags on the side of his bed.