➭Chapter 17: Roslyn

"Up with your turret
Aren't we just terrified?
Shale, screen your worry
From what you won't ever find"

Roslyn – Bon Iver & St. Vincent

▰▱▰▱▰▱

Thomas was in his room, delivered after completing the routine, when the alarms went off and the explosion shook the walls. One moment he was trying to fall asleep and the other one he was wide awake, trying to get his brain to process what the hell happened.

The alarms didn't shut up, bringing one of the worst headache with the tortuous sound and it had him wondering if they were under attack. Because if they were, then he needed to find Newt. He needed to see if he was okay, safe.

A lot of question ran through his head as he stood up ignoring the way the room spinned with the fast movement. He groaned and walked to the door supporting himself with the walls until it was safe to do it on his own. He opened the small window he used previously to escape, and looked around as much as his visual field allowed from his position. There were no guards, completely gone. What the hell?

"Um..." He doubted in what he was about to do, "Is there anyone!? Hello!?"

He yelled trying to catch someone's attention. Nobody answered, the corridors were cold and empty. The only sound in response was the annoying alarm. He tried calling for someone again, and again, but he got nothing back. He sighed frustrated.

After a couple of minutes of losing himself in a trance, he decided to walk to his bathroom. He found himself in the middle of the white room, staring at the ventilation's grating fondly. The same place where Newt arrived the time he infiltrated in this side of the building, he wondered if the blond was going to appear again.

He eventually got tired of trying to figure what was happening. He hoped Newt was getting somewhere safe, deep inside he wished the other boy would forget about him and lived his own life. He loved him, he really did, but he kept putting everyone in danger. He was tired of himself.

He punched the door, kicked, yelled for attention, but eventually nothing happened, no one came for him. He walked back to his bed and sat there, drained again. He felt useless, without being able to walk a couple of meters without feeling like a walking corpse. He guessed he was used to, but was he that pathetic?

A couple of seconds later he had his head in his hands, actually falling asleep in a sitting position. He sighed, he couldn't fall asleep when there was a possible attack in the headquarters. He slapped himself mentally, and maybe physically too, and rubbed his face. He walked to the bathroom, because it would be nice to splash some freezing water to his skin. He did that, then he walked back to his bed.

If it was going to be like this the rest of the night then someone kill him.

But then, something caught his senses, a noise. A very muffled noise, he didn't know how he heard it in the first place. It came from, the roof? No, the walls. It definitely came from inside the concrete material. I sounded like too many sounds out of sync, as if it wasn't just one person, but a group of people.

He stood up and froze. He frowned and tilted his head to the side, he looked like a dog, but he was trying to acute his senses, especially his hearing. His eyes opened widely when the noise approached even more, until it was right above his head. The bathroom.

This didn't sound like Newt. Newt was supposed to come alone if he visited, he got nervous. He walked backwards until the back of his knees touched his bed. He sat on the bed and continued crawling backwards until his back hit the wall. He didn't bring his legs to his chest, he didn't want to look vulnerable to possible threats.

ONE WAY RIDE | Maze RunnerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara