Twenty One

"Everybody's in."

Namjoon's POV

I couldn't help but let a slight smirk appear on my lips. "Great, everyone is in agreement. Now, I need everyone to pay attention to what I have to show you because I am not repeating myself."

"What are you going to show us? Let me guess, your academic awards?" Hongjoong sneered, rolling his eyes. I chuckled at his snarky remark and shook my head. I placed the backpack on the small table and unzipped it.

He may be short and small, but he has a strong attitude toward others, does he? He reminds me of a certain small grumpy cat.

"I am not that kind of person, Hongjoong, I assure you. Now, come closer to this table so I can show you."

"I swear if you pull out a gun, I will not hesitate to punch you," Yunho stated, cracking his knuckles to make his point.

"Yunho hyung, you can't even hurt a fly. You're literally a giant puppy. Stop trying to be tough, it doesn't suit you." Jongho said in a stern tone, making Yunho drop his arms to his sides in defeat.

"I do not have guns. Matter of fact, I do not possess any weapons, so please calm down. It's just some pieces of technology my friend and I invented together. We just never had a chance to test them out, so this is the perfect opportunity." Seonghwa's eyes seemed to widen and he pointed his finger at my backpack.

"So, you're saying you have gadgets that can help us save San?"

I wouldn't call them gadgets, but in a technological sense, they are gadgets in some way. 

"Yes, technically, I do. Now, the first one should help you communicate with each other effortlessly."

I pulled a black case from the backpack and opened it to show its contents to the others. Ten black wireless, wearable "comm-links" ("earpiece" sounds basic and bland)  that I have worked on for nearly nine months and I spent over 5 million won ($5000) for this, but it was worth it since they worked flawlessly. They all looked in awe, excluding Hongjoong, and started asking questions.

"Are you letting us use these?"

"How did you make these?"

"How long do they last?"

"Are they waterproof?"

"Did somebody help you make these?"

"How much did these cost you?"

"How long did it take to invent these?"

"May you please shut up so I can explain? My explanation may answer your questions." They all hushed and mumbled incoherent apologies to me. I shook my head and sighed.

They remind me of the maknae line...

"Surprisingly, I am letting you use them after I worked on them for nine months and spent over 5 million won on these. They can last for over 72 hours if you know how to conserve their batteries. Waterproofing electrical necessities are one of the things I do before I use them, so that is what I did for these comm-links. I built these by using my 3D printer and by hand."

"Wow, Namjoon hyung. That's impressive." Yeosang complimented, sending a small smile at me. I thanked him, ignoring Hongjoong's not-so-intimidating glare (in my opinion) and continued.

"I am lending these to you because San's father's mansion is like a labyrinth, and you might need to split up and you're going to need to communicate with each other AND I am going to be your eyes and ears for this 'rescue mission'" Mingi rose an eyebrow in confusion and pointed at the comm-links.