Fourteen

Seonghwa's POV

Mingi and I arrived earlier than the others, and we were setting things up to prepare for our incoming dance practice. Mingi was setting the speakers, and I was searching for any possible songs we could use for our project but to no avail. My dad purchased this studio for me when I was just fifteen. I still remembered him giving me the key, my ecstatic squeals, and me repeatedly hugging my father hundreds and hundreds of times.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

We arrived in front of an abandoned building with shattered windows and aging, peeling white paint. The gray, slated roof looked like it was about to collapse at any minute and the front door was hanging on its hinges. He was driving and had such a huge smile on his face that it scared me a little. I gulped anxiously and glanced at my dad, wondering why he brought me to this creepy dump. He unlocked the car's doors, but I stayed in the car. If this is some kind of prank or something, I was definitely wasn't going in that creepy-ass building. Dad was walking towards the building until he noticed my absence. He turned around and headed towards the car. I sighed, I didn't want to go in there. He opened the passenger side door and waited for me to exit.

"Son, I know it looks scary and uninviting and all, but trust me when I say this: I'm not going to let anything nor anyone hurt you. Okay?" I sighed and exited the bulletproof car. So much for my safety.

"I'm not scared.....I was comfortable in the car and I-I-I didn't want to leave." My poorly made excuse made Dad laugh and shake his head. We entered the building and let's just say it wasn't as I expected. My eyes automatically reacted to the light, squinting them until they finally adjusted. Despite the raggedy, abandoned appearance exterior, the inside was as clean as a whistle. The fluorescent lights gave a warm, bright glow in the studio, and the light reflected off the light, wooden floor, and mirrors. It was a studio??? A STUDIO???!!!?? Why would he buy me a studio???!!! I haven't had told him I was a dancer!!!! I turned around to face my dad, who was beaming at me and had one hand behind his back. I raised an eyebrow and tilted to get a better view of his back, but he only rotated his body away from my curious eyes. I huffed and headed towards him. This mystery shit is starting to get on my nerves, and I had to meet up at Mingi's place in a few minutes so I got right to the point.

"Dad, what's going on here? Why are we in an abandoned studio? Is something wrong?" I questioned him, crossing my arms over my chest. My dad chuckled and wrapped his free arm around my back without revealing the mysterious object behind his back.

"You're just like your mother, Seonghwa! Straight-forward and persistent, she is. The reason why we're here is because of your late birthday present, and I just wanted to make it up to you." I raised an eyebrow....so that explained the object behind his back. I pointed at his back.

"So what's that behind your back?" I asked. He was about to reveal it until he stopped abruptly. I groaned and attempted to snatch, but he held it higher than before.

"Hold on, hold on. Before I show this, I just want you to know that I already know."

I flinched and my eyes widened in shock. What was he talking about? Already know what? I was about to ask until he held up his hand, signaling for me to stop.

"Son, it's alright!! You can calm down, it's fine. I don't mind you dancing at all, as long as you're happy. I know that keeping a secret was hard for you, so I just want to show my support for you."

"H-h-how do y-you know?" I finally stammered out, mentally cursing me for my stammering. He then pulled out his phone and scrolled through until he stopped and showed me the video. The video was taking place at my high school gym, and Mingi was the one recording so the video wasn't all nice. My friends dared me to dance to "Gotta Go" by Chung Ha, because why the hell not? I knew the choreography (still do to this day), so I didn't see why not. But all of my concern was how did Dad get the video, like how did he know it existed? He must've had read my mind because he touched the screen and it showed Mingi's Instagram. Seriously, what part of "don't post on social media" did he not get? I sighed and hung my head low in embarrassment.