Ch. 1

"See you tomorrow!" Izuku called over his shoulder as he walked out of the small book shop he worked in. The only other employee, his best friend Uraraka, waved after him with a broad smile on her face.

He walked down the street back to his apartment with a bounce in his step. He absolutely loved his life. He had a good paying, low stress job, he had a nice place to live, and friends. What more could he want?

The adrenaline rush of flicking a knife from your hand and watching it stick true to its course.

No, no, definitely not that. Anything but that.

A frown had made its way onto Izuku's face at the thought. He hadn't handled a knife in years, and he liked it that way. He wasn't an adrenaline junky, never had been.

Or was he?

Of course not, that was ridiculous! Izuku was as normal and mundane as it came. And he liked it that way.

The pop of a gun made Izuku freeze and his heart skipped a beat.

"Deep breath in, out, then pull the trigger."

He shook his head violently, pulling himself from the thoughts. The pops sounded again, drawing Izuku's attention to a few young teenagers lighting off firecrackers in a yard.

Not a gun.

No guns. He liked it that way.

Izuku finally made it back to his apartment, shivering as he entered. He was off today. The littlest things were throwing him for a loop.

It was probably because their birthday was coming up. He always got fidgety and anxious around this time, like he was expecting something.

"What's there to expect, they're gone." And he likes it that way.

Izuku mumbled to himself as he picked the mail up from the ground. It landed there after being pushed through the mail slot. Not bothering to look through it right away, he just tossed it onto the table. He began to pull out various ingredients and a pan. He didn't touch anything necessary for soba, he'd save that for the twentieth, just like he did every year. It was pathetic really.

There was a thud against his door, the mail slot opened and shut again. Izuku stiffened, cautiously looking down the hallway to his door. Laying on the floor was a singular envelope.

With slow steps, he approached it like it could blow up at any second. Which was ridiculous, envelopes don't just blow up.

Except for that one time, a voice in the back of his head he tried to drown out reminded him.

Shaking off his stupid paranoia, he reached down and grabbed the piece of mail, checking the address. His breath caught in his throat as he read over it, over and over again to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

Then he bolted out of his apartment, looking up and down the halls. He checked the elevator, but was going down. So he took the stairs, running down them two at a time.

He reached the bottom floor just as a darkly clothed stranger walked out of the building. The elevator was empty and there was no one else in the lobby, it had to have been them.

Izuku took off after the stranger, running out into the street barefoot. He looked down each side of the road, only to realize he'd lost the stranger in the crowd of people making their way home.

With a disappointed breath and misty eyes, Izuku walked back in, taking the elevator up to his apartment. Only when he was securely inside, door locked and him seated against it, did he look at the envelope still clutched in his hand.

Written where his first and last name would normally go was the name 'Deku', crossed off and replaced with 'Green Bean'. There wasn't a return address, but where one was supposed to go said 'Your Kacchan and Shochan'.

"What the hell are you two doing?"

hey guys!!

so the first chapters done. ik it's way shorter than i usually make chapters, but the information i put in this chapter just worked for this length, but i promise this'll be the only short one.

anyways, i hope you guys have an amazing day!❤️🤍💚🧡