Ch. 13

long chapter to make up for how delayed it was.

Apparently, everything Helix had ever told Izuku and Uraraka had been completely true. She was in fact a secret agent and even worked with Shoto and Katsuki. Well, more like she worked with Katsuki's parents. She was supposedly retired by the time Katsuki and Shoto started doing solo missions.

"So you think she can help then?" Izuku asked, leaning against the counter.

Shoto shrugged. "She's better than nothing at this point."

"If she can even be trusted." Katsuki scoffed at them. He was glaring at Uraraka, like it was all her fault.

The brunette shook her head at him. "We can."

"How do you know that?" He shot back, a scowl plastered on his face.

Uraraka frowned at him, not sure where the sudden hostility came from. "Because I know her, and-"

The blond threw his hands up in the air with a sarcastic smile. "Oh, you know her! Well of course we can trust her with our lives now," His crimson eyes stared straight at her as his smile dropped. "Because you know her." Katsuki said through gritted teeth.

Shoto touched his arm lightly, sending him a warning look. "Kat, she's just trying-"

"Get off me." He grunted, brushing the taller male away. "It's a no. We don't contact her, we don't tell her anything, we don't trust her. It was a stupid idea."

He was storming out of the kitchen seconds later. His footsteps trailed off and up the stairs before the slam of a door was heard.

Shoto sighed, letting himself sag against the counter for support. "Sorry about him. It really was a good idea." He mumbled to Uraraka.

She simply waved him off, not blaming Shoto for the blond's rash behavior. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

"Wanna explain, Sho?" Izuku asked, bumping his shoulder against the other man's.

"It wasn't always just us, we used to have a whole team." Shoto started, leaning against Izuku for support. The shorter just let it happen while nodding along to the story.

"There were five other agents in our group. We were all the only family any of us had left at that point. All of us lived and worked together, basically together twenty four seven." He said, rubbing at his forehead as he was forced to think back through the wounds that hadn't healed yet.

"You guys must have been close." Uraraka mumbled awkwardly, unsure of what to say to him. At that point, she was pretty sure the other five agents were dead.

Shoto laughed suddenly at her words. "You would think, wouldn't you?"

Both Izuku and Uraraka were puzzled by his words, something he easily noticed when he looked up.

"They betrayed us, every single one of them."

The trio fell into a small bout of silence at his words.

Shoto swallowed before continuing. "All of us had been talking about how something suspicious was going on with our higher ups. It was just getting too sketchy and out of character. We had talked about what we would do if things went south, the possibilities of running, fighting, or joining. I wanted to run, Kat wanted to fight, the others were undecided."

A harsh laugh.

"They decided pretty quickly. We were out on a regular mission, nothing too difficult or unordinary about it.... But it started going wrong. Small mistakes were piling up until the problem was just too big to ignore. Eventually Kat and I got backed into a corner and we tried to call for help, but..." Shoto trailed off, fidgeting with his hands.