Ch. 8

Uraraka and Shoto both raised their brows as Katsuki and Izuku walked into the kitchen, not fighting anymore but not appearing to have made up completely.

"You two done throwing a fit now?" Shoto casually asked as he dished them both out a plate.

Izuku groaned at the questions as he took a seat at the counter and laid his head on his folded arms. "Not now Shochan, I'm too hungry."

The nickname made Shoto freeze, but he recovered before anyone, but Katsuki, noticed. Wrestling with the blond must have taken more out of Izuku than they were expecting if he so casually used the loving nickname from their childhood.

Shoto quickly placed a full plate in front of the green haired man. "There you go Zu." he said in a quiet voice, barely audible.

While Izuku dug into his food like he hadn't eaten in days, which he really hadn't, Shoto turned to Katsuki.

"Did something happen?" He asked in a low voice only the blond could hear.

Katsuki ran a hand down his face, not a fan of admitting what he had said to Izuku. "I.... apologized."

Shoto gaped at him like he had grown another head. "You actually apologized?"

The blond groaned at the question. "Is that really so hard to believe?"

"Yes, yes it is."

"Whatever." Katsuki mumbled, pushing Shoto's shoulder with his own.

Shoto chuckled quietly at the blond. "Hey, at least it's a little bit of progress. Just try not to piss him off again." He said with a knowing smirk.

Katsuki scoffed, already positive they'd get into at least one more fist fight before this was all over.

"Um, guys?"

Uraraka's voice grabbed their attention, making them look back over to the counter.

Izuku was fast asleep, his head resting on the counter next to his half eaten plate of food.

Neither of the other two men could hold in their soft laughter at the sight. He really hadn't changed that much from when they were kids.

"I got it." Shoto said, humor still dancing through his eyes as he gently picked up the sleeping boy.

The brunette seemed hesitant to let Shoto carry away her friend, but ultimately let it happen. There was no way she'd be able to carry him.

The half and half man carefully maneuvered himself and Izuku through the house, up the stairs, and into one of the upstairs bedrooms. After placing him down and making sure he was comfortable, Shoto sat at the end of the bed, letting out a long breath.

"I know this doesn't matter now... but... Kat and I, we really are sorry. For everything." He mumbled while watching Izuku's chest rise in fall with his breathing.

"I wish I could say that if I could go back, I'd do it all differently, stay away from you completely... but I wouldn't. That makes me selfish, but I can't imagine what my life would have been without you. I've lived the past seven years like that and I just.... I don't know if I would have made it back then without you."

So there Shoto was, pouring his heart out to a sleeping Izuku, saying things he'd never have the courage to say if the other man was awake.

When the fucker turned around and propped himself up on his elbow.

"You were always better with words than Kacchan." He said with a smug ass smile.

Shoto just froze in horror as he stared at the very, very, awake Izuku Midoriya, who had just heard everything he had said. One of his deepest confessions he thought he'd never tell another soul, that he was a selfish person that would rather put Izuku through a world of hurt than live without him.

Heh, sounds pretty gay, not gonna lie.

Instead of waiting for Shoto to finally regain his composure and say something, Izuku just held a hand out to him.

Unsure of what he was doing, Shoto took the outstretched hand. He was then quickly pulled down so he was lying next to Izuku, who was laughing at the shocked expression on Shoto's face.

"Night Shochan." Izuku mumbled, nestling into Shoto's chest and drifting off to sleep surprisingly quick.

Shoto on the other hand, couldn't fall asleep for at least two hours. His head was moving a million miles a second, different thoughts and theories moving past faster than he could grasp.

Was this Izuku's way of saying he accepted their apologies? Or was the other man just too tired to throw him out?

Shoto didn't know, and after a while he decided he didn't care either. Izuku wasn't mad at him at that exact moment and he was going to run with it. If this was all he was going to get for the rest of his life, Shoto was going to enjoy it while it lasted.

With those thoughts in mind, he was finally able to relax and drift off with Izuku in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katsuki wasn't tired. He was restless.

So he decided to do what he always did when he couldn't sleep.

He started to bake.

Shoto had carried Izuku off an hour or two ago, and Uraraka wasn't far behind. Just about ten minutes after the two boys left, she asked where she was staying and disappeared as well.

Now Katsuki was all alone, free to do as he pleased. And what he pleased to do was bake god damn it.

There he was, this scary spy with a high as hell kill count, baking cupcakes at two in the morning.

Personally, Katsuki hated chocolate. He didn't particularly like sweets in general, but chocolate was just too sweet. So normally when he went on a baking binge, it was usually vanilla flavored items.

Someone please explain to the poor man why he was making chocolate cupcakes this time. It sure as hell has nothing to do with the sleeping greenette upstairs who has an affinity for chocolate.

Okay so it had everything to do with that sleeping greenette.

Katsuki had apologized, but that didn't mean he didn't still feel guilty as hell. What he and Shoto had done and were responsible for, it wasn't something that could be forgiven with just a simple sorry. It couldn't be fixed with cupcakes either, but at least the damn nerd will get some calories in him.

hey guys!!

did i write half this chapter while watching supernatural? yes. do i have any regrets? not particularly.

anyways, i hope you guys have an amazing day!🤍❤️💚🧡