Ch. 11

⚠️tw for talk of suicide, but probably not in the way you're expecting?⚠️

"So what's the plan then?" Izuku asked once they had all finished their breakfast.

Staying at the farm house was fun and everything, but he'd like to get this spy business over with and get back to his normal life.

Shoto leaned his chin onto his open palm, looking over at the shorter man. "For what?"

Izuku just blinked at him like he was the dumbest man he'd ever met. "Getting the chips into your system, obviously, or did you forget the whole reason we're here?"

"Don't worry about it." Katsuki said with a small grunt in his words. He was flipping through a dusty cookbook he found in one of the cabinets after breakfast.

His order didn't sit right with Izuku. "What do you mean 'don't worry about it'? You two dragged me into this mess, because clearly you can't handle it on your own, so I'm going to see this through." He said, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring down both of his childhood friends.

Shoto shook his head at Izuku's reasoning. "We can handle it. We've been handling it for months. You got dragged in because of one stupid mistake, but it won't happen again. We don't need your help anymore." He mumbled, looking over at Katsuki for help.

The blond just nodded in agreement. "You two can stay here until everything is sorted, then we'll contact you and let you know when it's safe to go back to your homes."

"You're throwing me aside because you think I'm not useful anymore? Again?" Izuku asked, his nostrils flaring from his anger.

Uraraka nervously laughed at the situation. "Um, this clearly seems like a fight that does not involve me, so I'm just... I'm gonna go." She said, slowly backing up to the doorway of the kitchen, before turning and sprinting up the stairs two at a time.

Shoto turned his attention back to Izuku after the brunette was out of sight. His features softened as he saw the hurt and anger on Izuku's face. "We're not tossing you aside."

"Yes, you are!" Izuku shouted back. He had stood up from the stool he was previously occupying. "You're doing exactly what you two have always done. You use me whenever it benefits you, then you blabber about how it's too dangerous and I'm not needed anymore, and then people die. How many times do we have to do this before you two morons realize you need me?"

"We don't need shit, Deku." Katsuki snapped, finally closing the book in his hands. "Sit the fuck down."

"No! What the fuck is wrong with you two?" Izuku asked, looking back and forth between them. "You do this every time and you never learn. Which one of you am I going to lose this time, because someone makes a mistake, or you didn't calculate everything right, or there's more enemies than you originally thought? Huh? Which one of you is it going to be?"

Izuku wasn't expecting the silence that followed his question. He thought they'd be yelling, telling him he was being ridiculous, that they'd both be just fine.

But they both said nothing.

"You're.... Neither of you plan on coming back from this, do you?" Izuku asked in quiet horror. He frantically looked between them, silently begging for one of them to tell him he was wrong.

They didn't.

Instead, Shoto said, "It is... a possibility we've thought about and accepted."

Katsuki made a 'tch' sound as he stood. "Don't lie to him, halfie." He mumbled. He looked up and made direct eye contact with Izuku as he said, "Even if both of us make it in to plant the virus, there's no way in hell either of us make it back out again. We're dead men as soon as we step foot in the place."

Izuku's hand flew to his mouth as he turned away from both of the men. He looked like he was about to walk out of the room, but decided at the last minute to stay. He took a deep breath and whipped back around to face them.

"I'm coming with you." He said, his chin lifted in defiance. Izuku wasn't planning on taking no for an answer.

Shoto blanched at his words as Katsuki just looked at him in bafflement.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" The blond yelled. "We just told you we're going to die in there, and you want to tag along?"

"Probably." Izuku shrugged. "But if you two assholes are going on a suicide mission, I'm coming with. Like hell I'm going to let you two abandon me a second time." He spat.

The two spies actually flinched at the greenette's words.

Shoto shook his head. "Izuku, you-"

"Shut up." Izuku snapped, making the half and half man's eyes widen a fraction. "I either come with, or I put a bullet through my brain when you two don't come back. Either way I'm dead, so might as well use me while you still can."

Katsuki's eyes narrowed as his temper flared. "You're not fucking killing yourself."

Izuku let out a cross between a sigh and a groan. "You don't get it, do you?"

Neither Shoto nor Katsuki spoke up.

"You two waltzed into my life as kids and just... made everything good. Like the world was all fuzzy and distant before you, and then suddenly everything was crystal clear." Izuku paused, taking a deep breath. "The happiest moments of my life were with you two. Those years before missions and secrets and death. And then, out of nowhere, you two started disappearing, acting shady and never telling me anything. I already knew about all the spy shit because you two could never keep your mouths shut as kids, but suddenly your lips were sealed shut. After.... After aunty and uncle died, things went back to normal for a little bit. We were all together again, you two told me everything, you even let me help. Then," Another pause and a shaky breath. "Then that night happened."

Katsuki and Shoto were dead silent as they watched and listened. What were they supposed to say?

Izuku finally looked up from the floor, catching both men off guard. His eyes were watery with unshed tears, but his gaze showed determination, not sadness.

"I didn't just lose my mom that night. I lost you guys, too." Izuku swallowed hard, trying to keep his sobs buried. "I understand that the guilt probably drove you away, but I lost my mom. I needed you assholes, but you were gone. I lost every single person I love in one night. Do you understand how that broke me?"

Izuku took a deep breath and wiped the few stray tears from his face.

"So, no. I will not stay here while you two go out and get yourselves killed. If you're going to die, I'm gonna die right there with you. Either we all make it out, or none of us do, got it?" He asked, his glare heated as he looked over the other two men.

Katsuki let out a shaky, "Got it."

Shoto just nodded.

With a blinding smile and complete one eighty mood change, Izuku said, "Great!"

He really was going to give Shoto and Katsuki whiplash one day.