Ch. 7

The awkward atmosphere was just transferred to the downstairs kitchen. Izuku was too pissed, Katsuki was too stubborn, and Shoto was too socially inept.

It was a complete train wreck from Uraraka's point of view. She couldn't watch, but she couldn't look away.

Eventually she couldn't stand the silence anymore. "So, uh, you guys grew up together?"

And then she instantly wanted to punch herself in the face. They clearly had a rough past and that was apparently the only thing she could think to bring up. Way too go, she thought sarcastically to herself.

Izuku just shot her a 'really?' look. She smiled apologetically.

Katsuki actually snorted at her attempt at starting a conversation. "Didn't know you were that stupid." He muttered.

"Shut up." Izuku grumbled back at him. He didn't need anyone bullying Uraraka, she really did mean too much to him for that.

The bond stopped what he was doing, turning to lean over the opposite side of the counter from Izuku with a smirk. "Make me, shorty."

The chair actually fell backwards from how fast Izuku pushed himself to his feet, in a split second grabbing the back of Katsuki's head and smacking it down against the stone counter top.

Shoto was mildly surprised the blond didn't pass out.

"What the fuck?!" Katsuki exclaimed, holding a hand to where his forehead smacked the counter.

Izuku sent him a sweet smile for what seemed like the millionth time that day. "Maybe you should shut the fuck up next time."

With a scowl, Katsuki grabbed the gun from his waistband, clicking the safety off and pointing it straight at Izuku, who in turn just scoffed at him, seeming unbothered by it.

"Shoot me then." He prodded.

The blond hesitated for a few seconds before shoving the gun back to its original spot with a cross between a groan and scream. It was a very odd sound of frustration.

"Pussy." Izuku scoffed under his breath.

And that, ladies and gentlemen and everything in between, was why Katsuki Bakugou flung himself over the counter and tackled Izuku to the ground.

Uraraka frantically looked over to Shoto, hoping he'd break up the wrestling match the other two had gotten into.

To her surprise, he had just casually taken over the task of cooking the eggs. He didn't seem bothered at all by the roughhousing the other two were currently doing.

"Aren't you going to stop them?" The brunette asked.

Shoto let out a sudden laugh, catching Uraraka off guard. "Hell no. Those two have about eight years of tension, anger, and guilt to work through. They eventually tire out and make amends, but if you want to get in the middle of it, be my guest."

Uraraka did the smart thing and shrank into herself, watching from the safety of her stool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Food's done." Shoto called to the two boys still fighting it out on the living room floor. Both of them were refusing to give up or talk it out.

Uraraka carefully took a bite, still watching the other two guys fight. "Were they always like this?"

Shoto shook his head, a fond smile on his face. "Katsuki's always been a hard headed asshole, but Iz was basically the only person who could ever get through to him without a physical altercation taking place."

"What happened?" She asked in a whisper, genuinely confused as to what came between the three of them. "If you don't mind me asking." She quickly added.

The duel haired man shook his head at her question. "It's really not my place to explain. Talk to Izuku if you're that curious."

Uraraka nodded in understanding. She could respect that it was her best friend's decision if she knew or not. Some things are just too personal, even for them.

"Ladies!" She called, "You're both pretty, can you knock it off now? Mido, you need to eat something."

Katsuki had gotten on top, successfully pinning Izuku under him. "Yeah, Mido, give up so you can get something to eat."

With a roll of his eyes, Izuku switched their positions. "Do you ever stop talking?"

Katsuki smirked from his place on the bottom. "Nah, it's all part of the charm." And just like that they were switching positions again.

"This is pointless." Uraraka mumbled to Shoto with an eye roll.

He nodded in agreement with her. "It usually is."

"When do you think it'll stop?" She asked, turning to her food so she could eat properly. Izuku clearly wasn't going to get severely injured, so she could relax a little.

"When Izuku guilts Kats enough, or Izuku gets so exhausted Katsuki can't morally keep fighting him."

"So not for a while?"

"No, not for a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just give up already, I've always been a better fighter. You should stick to knives." Katsuki said as he pinned Izuku down for the millionth time.

"If I had a knife right now, you wouldn't have a dick." Izuku spat at him, trying and failing to get out of the blond's grasp.

Katsuki winced at the threat, knowing it wasn't empty. "That's just cruel, Deku."

"I've always hated that nickname." Izuku groaned, finally stopping his struggle. He hadn't given up on the fight, but he wasn't going to be moving anytime soon. Might as well catch his breath while he waited.

His words brought a smirk to Katsuki's face. "That's half the fun in it."

"You're an asshole, you know that?"

"Well aware, all part of the charm."

Izuku just rolled his eyes. He should have known better than to try and insult Katsuki's character. He was the most self aware bastard on the planet.

The pair fell into a small lapse of silence before Katsuki spoke without meaning to. "We really did miss you, ya know."

The green haired man raised a brow at that. "Maybe you shouldn't have left in the first place."

Katsuki turned his head, staring hard at the ground instead of Izuku's hurt face. "We should have. But we didn't, and we can't change that now."

Izuku nodded in agreement, but wasn't sure what else to say.

Katsuki mumbled something.

"Hm? What was that?"

"...sorry..."

"Didn't quite catch that, one more time?"

"I said I'm sorry, you prick."

Izuku's face showed a self satisfied smirk. "Heard you the first time."

Katsuki rolled his eyes and pushed Izuku's face towards the ground. "I fucking know that."

i truly only wrote this chapter so Mercy would leave me alone.