Ch. 4

"I'm fucking going! Shut up!" Izuku yelled at the gps as he pulled out of the parking garage. The windshield was in pretty bad condition, but he could still see out of it so he'd worry about it later.

After driving for a few minutes, Uraraka finally found the courage to speak up. "Mido... why'd you give it to Iida? After everything we had to do to get away from those guys, why hand it over? I mean he's a traitor, right?"

Izuku smiled at the road, slightly proud of his friend for figuring Iida out. Even more proud of himself for getting past the both of them. He reached back into his bag, pulling out another envelope and dropping it onto her lap.

"Look inside."

She carefully opened it, having an idea as to what was inside already. Dumping the contents onto her lap, she giggled quietly.

"It was a decoy envelope." She stated in a matter of fact tone, having finally put all the pieces together.

Izuku just nodded.

"How'd you know you were going to need it?"

He shrugged. "I didn't really, but I figured if Kacchan and Shochan were trusting me with something, it was because they had no one else. I knew there was a good chance there would be a double agent somewhere on this journey. I'm not planning on handing those chips over to anyone but Kacchan or Shochan themselves." His grip had tightened on the steering wheel, his eyes locked on the road with a fierce look of determination.

Uraraka watched him with fascination. "Who are they? If you don't mind asking." She asked softly. They were the part of Izuku's life that he kept hidden from her. Now that the curtain he kept it hidden behind was ripped away, she hoped he'd be willing to share more information. It'd be nice to know who the two men were that she had risked her life for today.

She didn't miss the fond smile that took over his face for a split second before he schooled his features again. "We used to be friends, the three of us. Shochan was an orphan at wherever the hell Kacchan's parents work, so they were friends first and later on Kacchan introduced us. Sho had been abused while his parents were still alive, so he didn't really understand basic human decency, and Kacchan didn't have the picture perfect childhood, his parents were absent a lot of them time and when they were there, they pushed so much pressure on him to be perfect all the time. Our little group became an escape for the two of them, I guess. I don't know, I thought I was more than just a distraction for them, but after their seventeenth birthday, I never saw them again. Never heard a word either. Until that letter showed up at my doorstep." He finished, nodding his head to the letter on Uraraka's lap.

"That must have been hard. I'm sorry, Midoriya." She mumbled.

He shrugged at her apology. "I hope they've wallowed in guilt every day since then, for abandoning me in the same way they begged me not to abandon them as kids." He was pointedly looking around the car. He knew they were listening, seeing? Maybe not. But they heard every word he said.

The radio randomly turned on, both Izuku and Uraraka having not so much as looked at it.

Tik Tok by Kesha started to play.

Uraraka just stared in utter confusion as Izuku nearly drove off the road from laughing so hard.

"Fucking suck ups." He mumbled while wiping away a few tears.

Uraraka looked between the radio and Izuku. "They can control the radio too?" She asked with a tone that was definitely filled with dread.

Izuku shot her smirk. "If they wanted to, I'm sure they could control the steering wheel." Just to prove a point, he took his hands off the wheel and gas, just letting the car drive where it may.

It started to slow and drive slightly to the left, before it gave a jerk and started to drive as if Izuku had never stopped.

"See?" Izuku said to her, raising an eyebrow.

Uraraka wrapped her arms around herself, looking around the car as if the mystery men would jump out at any time. "I don't know if that's comforting or terrifying."

"Just means they could have helped us out earlier and chose to sit back on their asses and watch as we almost died." Izuku said in a stern tone, clearly not happy with them.

The car remained silent, the radio didn't flick on with another song to offer as an apology or distraction.

Izuku let out a sigh. So much for that little bit of direct communication.

"I'm gonna take a nap. You probably should too, who knows when we'll be able to sleep next." Izuku mumbled.

Uraraka watched as he didn't even push his seat back or take his shoes off. He just brought his legs to his chest and rested his head on top of his arms, closing his eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both of them awoke with a start. A phone was ringing.

Izuku groggily dug into his back pocket, pulling out his phone. The caller id showed that it was an unknown number. He hit answer and lifted the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked cautiously.

There was shuffling on the other end, but no one spoke up.

"Hello?" He asked again, his voice showing his annoyance.

There was a louder shuffle, a quiet "No, don't-", and then the line went dead.

Izuku looked down at the phone in mute confusion. The voice wasn't familiar, even if it was it was too quiet to hear properly.

Uraraka gave him a questioning look, but he just shrugged in response.

"Probably a wrong number or something."

She nodded, looking away from Izuku. Her eyes were turned to her window, taking in the night sky.

It was night already? How long had they been driving? Where were they now?

"What's going to happen now?" She asked him in a soft voice.

Izuku looked over at her, guilt crashing over him in waves. He didn't want this life for himself, let alone her. She was too kind, too innocent. She didn't deserve to get dragged into his forgotten drama.

"I honestly don't know." He told her instead of apologizing. There'd be time to apologize later. Maybe he could even send her home once they got wherever they were going. People were after him, not her.

Uraraka just nodded at his answer, expecting as much.

"Hey Iz? Everything's going to be okay, right?"

He couldn't stand to look her in the eye, gulping before he spoke. "Yeah," he tried to disguise the voice crack, "Everything's going to be fine, 'chaco."

hey guys!!

so in case you didn't pick up on it, shoto and katsuki share a birthday in this fic simply bc shoto never knew when his birthday was bc of his shit parents, so when he became friends with katsuki and izuku, katsuki's birthday happened and shoto was super fucking confused so the two explained what it was and izuku came up with the idea for katsuki and shoto to share a birthday.

i might make a one shot when that happened later.

anyways, i hope you guys have a great day! 🤍❤️💚🧡