Ch. 10

Izuku and Shoto had sprinted out of the room and down the stairs, entering the kitchen in a rush.

"Calm down, I'm fine!" Katsuki was saying to a frightened brunette when they entered.

Izuku went straight to his best friend while Shoto watched next to Katsuki.

"What happened?" Izuku asked her.

Uraraka shook her head, pointing at Katsuki.

"What the hell did you do?" Izuku asked, whipping around to face the blond.

He held his hands up in surrender. "Nothing! I swear!"

Izuku just raised a brow, not believing him.

So with a sigh, Katsuki finally fessed up. "I spilt the raspberry syrup I spent the last twenty minutes making, slipped in it, and then gave up and just laid there in misery. She walked in and probably thought I was stabbed or something."

"You... what?" Izuku asked, shaking his head and trying to not laugh at the blond's misfortune of the morning.

Katsuki frowned at him, looking pretty torn up about it. "Please don't make me repeat it."

Shoto's sharp laughter nearly made Izuku jump in surprise. The half and half man was doubled over in a laughing fit, holding onto the counter for support.

"That is... that is just fucking perfect." He said between deep breaths.

Uraraka was just frowning at the blond. Everyone could probably guess that her heart was still beating a million miles per minute, the adrenaline not entirely gone yet.

"This is a nightmare." She mumbled, brushing some of her hair from her face.

Izuku just nodded, bumping her shoulder with his own. "But hey, at least we get free food."

She shot him a thankful smile, his joke lightening the atmosphere she had just created. "So true. Free food makes everything worth it."

He just enthusiastically nodded in agreement, before looking over at a pouting Katsuki. "So.... when's breakfast gonna be done?"

"Shoulda left you two with Iida." Katsuki grumbled as he finished cleaning up the syrup he had spilled earlier.

Izuku chuckled at the disgruntled blond. "Aw, you don't really mean that."

"Wanna bet, Deku?"

Green curls bounced as Izuku shook his head, the faintest smile on his lips. "Whatever you say Kacchan."

The kitchen fell into a small bout of silence before something caught the short male's attention. "Are those... chocolate cupcakes?" He asked with amusement in his voice.

Katsuki groaned loudly at the question. This really wasn't how he wanted the morning to go. "Yeah."

"Did you make them?"

"Yeah."

"But you hate chocolate. And cupcakes."

"Yeah."

Izuku narrowed his eyes playfully at the frowning blond in front of him, who was doing everything in his power to not make eye contact. "They poisoned?"

Ruby red eyes flared to meet emerald green at last. "Try one and find out." Katsuki challenged.

Shoto was sitting at the counter, leaning his head against his folded arms. He was silently watching the situation play out, clearly finding the bickering entertaining. The shaky brunette had taken a seat next to him, resigned to join in the people watching.

Izuku shrugged at the prod, grabbing a frosted cupcake from the container and staring his childhood friend down as he took a bite. When he didn't immediately keel over, he raised a brow.

The blond rolled his eyes at the look. "You annoy the fuck out of me, but that doesn't mean I want to poison you. Fucking dumbass."

"Such a softy, Kacchan." Izuku teased, nudging the blond lightly with his elbow as he took another bite of the cupcake. "When did you start baking though? You never used to, you thought sweets were disgusting and refused to make any." He said with a chuckle.

He couldn't help but be surprised by how good the cupcake was. He shouldn't have been, Katsuki made it and everything he makes is amazing. But Izuku couldn't help it, he had never seen the blond bake before, so he wasn't sure what to expect.

"I still think that." Katsuki said with a grunt as he continued to work on breakfast.

Izuku nodded, already having guessed that. "Why bake then?"

A shrug.

"Very descriptive, Kacchan."

Katsuki didn't respond after that, choosing to focus all his attention on the task at hand. Noticing this, Izuku left him alone, turning to the counter instead. He took a seat next to his best friend, resting his chin on the counter and watching Katsuki cook.

"So, Mido," Uraraka started casually, flicking away a speck of invisible dirt on her shirt. "How'd you sleep?"

Her tone was all Izuku needed to hear. She definitely knew something happened last night. Or at least she thought she did.

Izuku looked up at her, not raising his head. He shot her a sleepy smile, looking as if he could fall back to sleep at any moment. "Not great, Kacchan kicks in his sleep."

The brunette choked on air, starting to cough as Izuku nearly fell off his chair due to his laughter.

Once she had regained some of her composure, she spoke. "You slept with him?"

Shoto, who seemed more bored with the conversation than anyone else in the room, rested his chin on Izuku's shoulder and said, "And me."

The poor girl looked like she might just faint.

And Izuku wasn't any help as he just broke out in a fit of laughter once again.

Eventually, Katsuki cut in, annoyed with all three of them. "We slept round face, that's it."

Uraraka didn't seem to care about anything he had just said besides one thing. "Round face?" She asked quietly, bringing her hands to her cheeks.

Katsuki just raised a brow in her direction. "Yeah, you have a round face. Have you never noticed that?"

She frowned slightly at him, then looked over at Izuku. "Is it really that round?"

The greenette just shrugged. "It's pretty round, but I think it suits you well. You're very cute, Ura."

The girl beamed at his words, causing Shoto to frown slightly. It was hard to notice, seeing as a frown wasn't that much different than his resting face.

But Izuku noticed. So he patted the half and half male's head with a pleasant smile. "You're cute too, Shochan, don't worry."

The corner of Shoto's mouth quirked up at that. He just let his chin rest on Izuku's shoulder again.

While waiting for some of the food to finish cooking, Katsuki had leaned back against the counter, arms crossed, as he watched the other three people in the kitchen. His own mouth was now set in a scowl.

Izuku let out an exasperated sigh at the sight. "Kacchan's jealous too?"

"I'm not jealous of shit, Deku." The blond barked back.

Instead of arguing, Izuku just smiled at him, the same smile he had just given Shoto. "Kacchan's just as cute."

The blond's face faintly heated up, enough to be noticable, but no one said anything. They valued their lives.

"Shut up, Deku. Food's done."

hey guys!!

sorry about the lack of updates, my family got a new puppy and he's been sleeping in my room so i haven't gotten a lot of sleep. hopefully i can't get some tonight and then updates will become more regular.

anyways, i hope you guys have an amazing day!🤍❤️💚🧡