Drugs and short-term memory loss (N.R)

Request: Maximoff_Anna

Warnings: strong language, mention of drugs, alcohol and other things like that, stress, pressure, anxiety, panic attack and memory loss (short term memory loss)

Y/N: your name
Y/B/N: your best friend's name
Y/F/X: your favorite café

You are Natasha's daughter. You start out as about 4-5 years old then there will be a time jump that's about 11 years. Then you will be 15-16.

Yes I will use some dialogue from Dory, hehe.

I'm not a doctor so I don't know if all of this really is possible, but from what I've found online this is the closest to the real thing. But I twist some stuff to make it fit the request and story.

Natasha's POV:

Right now me and my daughter are practicing our memory, and what to tell strangers if we're lost. My daughter was diagnosed with short term memory loss after she was in an accident a few years back, as a toddler. She sustained a minor brain injury that affected her memory. The doctors say it'll get better by time, but she'll always have a hard time remembering things. She can learn to remember some stuff, some doctors says it helps practicing over and over again. But once we stop it'll be likely she'll forget it after a bit. The doctors also say we have to look out for signs of anxiety, she can very easily develop anxiety from this. So it's something to look out for.

"Ok Y/N/N. What do you say if you get lost and can't find mama?" I ask making my voice soft and clear.

She thinks a bit. "Hi I'm Y/N. I suffer from short-term lemembery loss"

"Yes!" I clap "That's exactly what you say" this warms my heart. She tries so hard.

She's soon starting kindergarten, so this is important to know. "Ok ok. So you know how you're soon staring school, right?" I ask her slowly so she gets it all. She nods. "So we have to practice. I'll pretend to be one of the other kids and you'll react like we rehearsed. Alrighty?"

"Alwighty" she mimics.

"Hi Y/N!" I make my voice so it sounds more like a child. She just giggles. Ah how I love that sound. "Do you want to play hide and seek?" I continue.

"Okay. I love that [inaudible]" she said mumbling at the end.

"Ok so I'll hide, and you'll count. Then you'll come find me" I explain.

"Ok mommy" she says happily.

"Nono. Not mommy. I'm you friend that wants to play with you at school, okay?" I fix.

"Okay mommy"

"Now county to ten" I say.

She puts her little hands in front of her eyes and I hide within hearing range. "One.. two..three.. uhm..- four uuuhm" she stops a bit. "I like play-doh. Play-doh is squishy"