"Sick day" (S.J)

Request: scarjowidow

Warnings: "throwing up"

Y/N: your name
Y/N/N: your nick name
Y/F/S: your favorite soup
Y/F/TVS: your favorite TV show

You are Scarlett's daughter, you're 14 years old and things aren't great at school so you fake being sick so you don't have to go.

Y/N POV:

I woke up today absolutely NOT wanting to go to school. School isn't very great at the moment, and things are hard. I'm not going to get too into, but I'm falling a bit behind. I don't really have that many friends. People aren't really nice, especially some people. I just need a break.

It's about 6.30 am and I'm up creating 'puke' that I can fake throw up. Also I'm making myself very hot so I can fake a fever. I've successfully made some fake puke with some orange juice, milk and a few chewed crackers. I put this behind the toilet for easy access when I need it. Then I rub my eyes quite hard with my hands. I splash some warm water in my face to get the sweaty look. I even go to the length to take some blue eyeshadow under my eyes to create some bags under them. Like I didn't get that much sleep.

Now it's just a few props, which include a few scrunched together paper tissues. Then it's back into bed, tucking myself very tightly like I'm freezing. Then it's time for my acting skills to come out.

Right on cue my mom knocks on my door and slowly opens it up. I didn't answer the knock like I normally do. Usually I'd be dressed by now. I'm pretending that I'm shivering under my covers while sleeping.

Scarlett POV:

I knock on my daughters room to make sure she's ready for school. I wait for an answer but I don't get one as I normally do. I slowly open the door. When I peak in, I can see that it's still dark and Y/N is still in bed. Under the covers. Gripping on to them for dear life.

Is she cold? It's so hot in here. I can even see she's shivering. "Y/N. Sweetie. Are you alright?" As I try to wake her up I turn on her nightstand lamp. I see that she's all sweaty as well. She might have a fever.

"Y/N/N, baby, wake-" I start but I'm interrupted by her jumping up and running towards the bathroom. She throws the door behind her and I can hear her throwing up. I walk towards the toilet. She sits with her back leaning against the wall.

"Oh Y/N. You're not well" I flush the toilet, and then walk over to her and help her up. "No school for you today"

"Ok mom" she says tiredly. Poor baby girl.

Y/N POV:

It actually worked. I feel a bit bad for lying to her, but I truly do not want to go to school. I don't have the mental capacity.  I climb into bed and goes under the covers.

I look for my mom but she's just gone. After a few minutes she comes back. Carrying some snacks and some drinks. She also brought me Y/F/S. She's to sweet. Now I truly feel bad.

She puts all the stuff on the bed, then walks into the bathroom and wets a cloth. She eventually comes back and puts it on my forehead. She then climbs into bed with me and I lean into her. Then she puts on Y/F/TVS.

We stay like that all afternoon and this is exactly how I wanted to spend my day. This is what I truly needed. It's perfect. Except I'm consumed with guilt. I have never pretended to be sick before, although I am pretty damn good at it if I must say it myself. Thank you mom for the acting skills.

"Mom?" She looks down at me.

"Yes my little pea?" She answers.

"I have to tell you something" I say guiltily. She nods and stays silent letting me talk. "I wasn't really sick today... I'm sorry I lied. I just couldn't go to school today and I didn't know how to tell you, because I know school is important and I just... I- I'm so so sorry I lied" I ramble on. She just stays quiet and looks at me. She then smiles and pulls a piece of my hair that fell into my face and tuck it behind my ear.

"Oh honey I know" she says with a smirk. She pulled the Natasha Romanoff smirk at me.

"Wait wait wait! You're not mad?" I say a bit shocked seeing as I did lie. Something my mom does not like.

"I'm betting you have a good reason. You've never done this before, you never lie. Even if you didn't have a reason, I wouldn't be mad. So I'm not gonna be mad because you did it now for the first time at 14 years old. I want to hear the reason, but Y/N you have to know. If you need a day off, just tell me. Everyone needs that once in a while" my mom tells me.

I tear up, letting a tear spill. Mom is quick to wipe it away. "Thank you mom. I do have a reason. It's not the best but it's one" I pause. Take a breath, then continue. "Things have just been bad lately. Mentally. You know I don't really have that many friends. People aren't nice to me because I don't let them use me to get to you. Because of this I'm falling a bit behind. I didn't know how to explain it. I guess I got a bit desperate"

She pulls me into a hug. "You can always come talk to me. I don't care how you explain it. I'll always do my best to understand. You're right I don't appreciate the lying, but I do understand. Being a teenager is hard"

I pull away from the hug. "Mom I need to know. How did you find out? I thought I did a pretty good job" I let out a little laugh.

"Mom's always know" she smirks again.

"Seriously mom." I say with a straight face trying not yo laugh.

"I found the rest of your 'puke' in a cup behind the toilet when I went to wet the cloth" she says.

I slap my face. "Of course. Other than that, what do you think of my acting?" I say, this time it's my turn to smirk.

"I was actually quite impressed" Then we hug again.

I definitely have the best mom in the world.

————————————————-
Word count: 1125

Sometimes we need breaks even if we're not physically sick:)

Hope you liked this one. It's a bit shorter than the others, hope that's fine.

Any requests? You all know I love how creative you guys get. I get so happy when I get requests.

XoXo Lena<: