Coming home (S.J)

Request: SarahOwen341

Warnings: injuries, swearing, war

Disclaimer: I don't know twat about the military in the us (nor in my country for that matter) but I'll do my very best:)

Y/N is Scarlett's 24 year old daughter. She joined the military at 18 years old, being happy to serve. Something she's wanted since she was a child. After a few years her and her unit is sent out to fight in a war. She got quite hurt in the fight, but somehow managed to keep fighting. Now it's time to go home.

Scarlett POV:

Y/N has been gone for so long now. The first years after she joined the military, she at least came home on leave and could stay with me for a while. But ever after she went to the war I only get the occasional letter. I'm lucky if I maybe get to hear her voice every now and then. But this is what she wanted and I couldn't stand in the way of that even tough I'm terrified every day some soldiers will come to my door and tell me the dreading news, or I get a phone call saying she's hurt or worse.

I'm scared shitless, hoping she'll come home to my safe arms soon. I know she might be in her early/mid twenties but she'll forever be my baby.

I'm just sitting, watching TV when my phone rings. It's someone from the military. They're saying that Y/N's unit is coming home in under a week. That means I'll see my daughter in only a few days. Can't help it, my mom tears start running.

Y/N POV: a few days later

I'm in the plane heading home. I think my mom might get a shock when she sees me. I look sort of different than the last time she saw me. Among other things I lost an eye... oops. Have a big scar going from my left eye brow, over my nose bridge and over to my right cheek. Got quite some other scars but I don't think she'll focus on those.

After the plane has landed I go get my baggage. Then head home, ah home. That will be nice.

After not too long, as we live close to the airport, I'm outside the house I grew up in. Familiar sights, smells and last but not least, my mom.

Opening the door quietly so that I can surprise her a bit. I see she's hanging up a banister, adjusting the ladder and making sure it's straight. I walk closer, I don't want to scare her as she's standing on the ladder and that's not safe. "Mom?" I say softly.

"Yes honey" she answers out of habit I think. Then she realizes.

"Honey?" She turns around.

"Oh my, Y/N!" She gets down from the ladder and runs towards me, engulfing me in a hug. I'm as tall as mom now, only a few centimeters shorter. The hug feels so good. "God I've missed you"

She pulls out of the hug and looks at my face. Her face expressions changing into a worried one. "Missed you too mom" I answer back.

"Baby, what happened?" She asks me.

"War mama" I say like she didn't know that.

"No, I mean your eye? Oh and your face" she puts a hand on my cheek.

"It's alright. There's only a few scratches" I lie like she can't see that they're not.

"Y/N/N, those are not scratches. You lost a body part, you have a scar going across your whole face" she points out like I didn't know.

"It's alright... Are they really that ugly?" I ask her.

"Oh my girl, of course they're not. You could never be ugly" she puts her hands on my cheeks. "I'm your mom, I'm of course worried what happened to my gorgeous creation that I'm so incredibly proud of. They're in no way ugly. Have you been told if you need to tend anything with the eye socket? Should I take you to a doctor?"

"I have been looked at. I'm supposed to clean it with some stuff I got. I have to get a prosthetic eye so that the socket doesn't close in on itself. The military doctor told me to contact my normal doctor to get one that matches my eye color" I explain.

"Okay good. We'll go in the morning. Now, you feel like eating out or you tired and want to make something here. Maybe order take-away?"

"We could go out maybe? I've missed the city. Just let me take a shower and change" I say and she engulfs me into another hug.

"I'm so happy you're home baby girl" she kisses my cheek and let's me go. "Also I think your scars add to your character. You were sort of plain and boring before" mom shoots, winks and walks off quickly.

"Hey!" I yell after her, hearing her dying in fits of laughter in the kitchen. "You made and raised me, so not my fault" I yell back and walk chuckling up the stairs. I love that woman.

——————————————
Word count: 862

What do you think?

I found this one very cute!

Any requests?

XoXo Lena<3