Safe (S.J)

Request: Kittykat0106

Warnings: trauma, mention of abuse

Y/N: your name
Y/N/N: your nick name
Y/F/F/ your favorite food

Y/N is 8 years old in this story. Her dad was very abusive towards Y/N every time Y/N was at his house, which was quite often, because they HAD shared custody. Once Scar found this out, she went to court and got his parental rights taken away. Now two years later, Scarlett dates Colin and she is scared at how Y/N is/will react to him.

Scarlett POV:

Colin is moving in today. I have slowly and over time introduced him and my daughter, Y/N. She is quite hesitant around men, gets scared easily. This is because of her scum bag of a father, or should I say sperm-donor. Abuser.

Shortly after Y/N was born I divorced my husband, her dad, because we were fighting a lot. He got physical sometimes towards me, but never towards our daughter. At least not in front of me. So I saw pretty much no problem in us having shared custody. Like I wanted my daughter to have a relationship with her dad.

I was so wrong.

At first, there were no signs that anything was wrong. Y/N was too young to show me anything. She went to her dads every other weekend at first, and as she got older she went more and more until it was every other week. After a while it got harder and harder the times she was supposed to go to leave me. First I thought it was separation anxiety or something, but after a while she started showing signs of abuse victims. The school said that often on his weeks, Y/N wouldn't come to school. Always because she had an accident or something like that.

It was first when she started staying at friend's houses that I think she realized that that's not normal at your dad's house. She was now old enough to advocate for herself a little. She was still only six years old, but in her own way told me something was wrong. I had managed to come up with reasons for her to stay longer with me and shorter with him to test my theory.

And of course, she came more and more back to herself with me, but once she left for her dad's, she came back another girl. Then she started coming back with bruises and saying she was hungry. That's when I knew 100% that I had to do something more drastic. So I went to court.

I quickly got full custody and a restraining order towards him. For both me and her. Now he's serving his time in jail.

That doesn't change the trauma my little girl endured. So it's safe to say I'm a bit nervous of how she's gonna react to living with a man. It's only been me and her for over two years now.

I walk down the stairs in our house. Y/N is sitting at the kitchen table drawing. I sit next to her. "What are you drawing, sweetie?" I ask her.

"Mm and elephant" she says.