PART 5.

JULY 2017

Her heels clicked against the tile floor as she entered the large mansion. When Sendo's assistant laid eyes upon the woman they filled with fear and he immediately lowered his head to her. They were well aware who she was and had a fair idea of what she was there for. 

"Take me to Sendo," she demanded and the assistant didn't hesitate for a second before leading her directly into the bar. He lowered his head again as she walked past and didn't dare meet her eyes. His body was shaking as he walked and it didn't go unnoticed by the woman who found it enjoyable to see. 

Sendo sat in one of the booths appearing dejected and terrified as he awaited her presence. He fidgeted with the glass in front of him and his leg bounced repeatedly due to his nerves. Sendo was dreading her arrival and when he finally saw her standing in front of him, he froze. The woman was dangerously beautiful with dark, h/c hair resting past her shoulders. A blatant scar lined on her neck that was presented to him as she raised her chin with a haughty frown etched onto her features. She waved to him with both her hands as she came through the entrance and gave a sickening smile that to an unknowing eye would make the woman appear quite genuine. However, Sendo knew all too well the kind of person she was since they were kids.

The tattoos on her palms were unmistakable.  

"Hanma Y/n," he barely breathed out. 

She tried to mask her clear discontent as she poured herself a glass of alcohol and sat rather close to Sendo with a playful smile. Y/n moved her hands along his shoulders and chest to relax his tense muscles however, it only seemed to make him more rigid. 

"Tell me, Sendo. How is it that Takemichi Hanagaki is still breathing after you were ordered to kill him?"

Y/n traced her fingers along his neck until they were replaced with something much sharper. She had swiftly drew a knife from her sleeve and carefully traced it across his skin. Sendo's eyes were wide in horror and he started to sweat as he closely watched her hands. 

"I tried, I really did! Somehow he was saved at the last minute, I swear!" he pleaded desperately while never taking his eyes off her hands. 

"You didn't answer my question, Sendo. How is he still alive? Because Kisaki doesn't give you this life for free. You get it in exchange for doing your job so kill him or you will take his place. Understand?"

Y/n emphasized as she pressed the blade on his skin, hard enough to draw a small cut of blood from him. She didn't even try to hide her expression of disdain that confirmed her words to be far from an empty threat.

"Yes! I understand Hanma, so please!"

"Please call me, Y/n. My surname is so, what's the word?" She paused to think of the adjective that was at the tip of her tongue, "Dull."

Y/n withdrew her weapon and dusted off Sendo's clothes before straightening them out. She downed the drink in front of her and stood up, giving him a sweet smile. 

"I do hope the reunion goes well~"

"How did you know I-" She leaned down and silenced him with her finger while still smiling. 

She peered her eyes at him, "That is the kind of organization the Tokyo Manji Gang is. Be careful to not forget."

*

Kisaki simply adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose upon hearing Takemichi's shrieking and witnessing the suicide of Sendo. He'd been listening in on the conversation between the two which confirmed his theory.

"He really is a time leaper."

He then turned to Y/n in front of him. "What did he manage to change?"

"He's only managed to barely place himself within the timeline of Mikey's past. Shuuji and I decided not to intervene until we could see how much he'd accomplish without our interference."

"Where in the timeline did he enter?"

"About twelve years ago since it was around the time we'd met."

"Is my younger self successful without any issues?" He muttered and clenched his teeth at the thought of Takemichi. 

"Of course, it lead to this reality and the death of many, Kisaki."

He noticed her change in demeanor as her eyes filled with regret and sorrow upon seeing Takemichi sob uncontrollably from the death of his friend right in front of him. Kisaki grabbed her face and forcefully turned her sight towards himself. 

"Are you second guessing your loyalty to me? Your loyalty to your brother?"

"No," she said as she reluctantly meet his eyes. "Of course, not."

"Then you do everything in your power to make sure that Takemichi Hanagaki does not succeed in his mission to change this future; to take Hinata away from me."

"Your brother will travel back to aid me in the past by my side and you will work to tear down Toman from the inside out. Get Mikey to trust you and hell, seduce him if I care. But, in the end I must be on top."

"Yes, Kisaki."

"And make sure that younger self of yours, stays in check. I don't need to time leap in order to vividly remember what an eyesore and headache you were. Before I gave you and your brother a purpose, the both of you were nothing."

Y/n went to interrupt and sharply correct him but Kisaki gripped her neck, causing her to choke on the words. Her eyes drifted to him and she didn't even come to flinch from his cruelty any longer. Instead, Y/n simply stared at him with empty eyes that had long lost their color of brilliance and life from she was younger. 

"Never forget who gave you that scar and don't think for a second that the next time I won't hesitate to kill you for good. Then, your brother will definitely never leave my side."

She refused to give him any response and continued to stare into him.

"What did you tell him happened again? A stray cat or some shit, right?" He asked smugly before releasing her and moving his hands to cup her face gently while rubbing his thumbs across her cheeks. His rings were cold against her skin and lightly scratched her jawline.

"You will belong to me until the day you die," Kisaki whispered to her and closed most of the distance between them. "Is that what you want?"

"Yes, I love you." The words fell off of Y/n's tongue too easily and the both of them knew it. There wasn't any actual love laced within their relationship. Although, both refused to address it. They only saw one another as place holders for the ones they truly wanted. It was a relationship solely fueled by desperation and denial.

The sound of sirens and the bright flashing caught their attention. The police were headed their way and relatively fast since they probably caught wind that Sendo was apart of Toman. 

"Y/n," he called as he headed to peer at the street from the balcony.

"The car is waiting for us below, Kisaki."