PART 27.

a/n: i'm so evil.

OCTOBER, 2005

The numerous rows of young boys whispered amongst themselves as they awaited the arrival of their captain or even one of the division captains to the reasoning behind the sudden call for a meeting. Rumors had been passed around about finally assigning a replacement for Pah as Toman's third division captain. Y/n could hear some audible whispers asking others, "Could it be me?" while others wondered if there were even any sufficient candidates to consider.

Y/n, herself, guessed that Peh-yan would be promoted to the captain of division three, but as she continued to put it to thought of what it would be like she realized that without Pah he was an even looser canon than ever before. Not an ideal characteristic for someone who's in control of a significant number of people, especially young boys. That was definitely a recipe for chaos that Y/n found fit to write off of her candidate list as much respect as she held for Peh-yan and Pah.

"Hey, Y/n? You stuck in daydream there?" Mitsuya called her out of her mind and seemed to be trying for while based on the way his brow furrowed in concern. His hand rested on the sides of her shoulders, lightly shaking her just enough to get her attention.

If she wasn't dreaming already than she sure was now with Mitsuya as close as he was. His face just near enough to hers where she could make out even the littlest detail in his eyes and that smug grin paired with those pearly whites. Y/n could just feel her heart begin to race right out of her chest from having his full attention focused only on her.

"You in there?" He asked again and tapped his fingers on her forehead to somehow bring her back to their reality.

"I'm here!" she shouted louder than expected with overwhelming energy until the weight of embarrassment put a heavy damper on any extra enthusiasm she had just previously had. "I'm here.." she repeated in a slow solemn tone of utter regret.

Her eyes darted towards his hand in the motion of feeling her forehead when Mikey's appearance on top of the step demanded undivided attention and silence from anyone in his range of sight. Y/n swiftly maneuvered her way around Mitsuya and pretended to take life or death interest in whatever words were to soon escape Mikey's mouth. Thankfully, he didn't get the chance to question her and followed suit.

Beside Mikey, Draken took a step forward, announcing, "We will now appoint the new Third Division Captain of the Tokyo Manji Gang." Everyone around appeared to straighten their posture or perk their heads forward to be sure they heard who it was.

An ominous silence followed and the quiet murmurs of curiosity.

"Third Division Captain! Step up!" Mikey stare went behind the crowd and heads darted every which way to find this new captain. Who would it be? Who could it be?

The questions were endless.

"Let's go."

"Yes, sir."

Two voices, quiet and horribly familiar. She hoped that she didn't know the first voice as well as she did, but it undeniably belonged to that jerk. The cocky entitlement in his tone was unfortunately put to memory without the need of her eyes to confirm.

And where there was him...

"Listen up!" his lacky barked out at the crowd of confused Toman members. "This is the new third division captain, Kisaki Tetta!"

..Trouble is always guaranteed to trail very close behind.

Kisaki crouched on the step, analyzing the intelligence, reactions, and prominent members standing out from the crowd. He stared and stared without saying a single word, putting off an eerie presence to establish some kind of predetermined dominance over the members. Y/n dreaded the moment he would see her and lock his gaze of judgement upon her. Probably then communicating some kind of plan to screw over Mikey and everyone else which he somehow expected her to go along with despite long pulling away from his crew.