PART 10.

JULY, 2005

"Fuck them," Shuuji grumbled as he walked out the hospital after having an encounter with the parents of the girl who fell victim to Moebius. Though, the conversation was mostly one-sided as her parents vented the blame and frustration onto the twins.

"You're seriously an asshole. Honestly, I think we deserved it for even being associated with Moebius. It's sickening."

Shuuji didn't openly agree but his silence was enough to share his common agreement with his sister. He continued walking ahead of her and Y/n found this the perfect moment to tell him about her plan against Kisaki and to change their futures. 

"Look, I want to tell you something-" Y/n was slightly surprised when her brother suddenly stopped in front of her and pulled out the phone that vibrated in his pocket. 

"Hanma," Shuuji answered into the phone. 

'Where the fuck are you? We need to talk about August 3rd.' The voice was impatient and clearly belonged to Tetta Kisaki. 

"I'm on my way," was all he responded to him and went to hang up on him. 

'I said where-,' the call was cut by Shuuji as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "That's my cue, sis. Can you make what ever you want to say faster than usual."

She was going to tell him. Y/n had planned on explaining her reasoning of leaving Kisaki very thoroughly. She was, honest. Her lips opened to say the words and instead another safer sentence uttered out of her mouth.

"Oh, it's nothing important."

"I already want to go back to the present," her brother complained before lazily turning to walk off and waving the back of his hand to his sister. Y/n reached her hand to stop him but, her arm stopped short and dropped back down to her side. 

Not only did she have to anticipate going behind her brother's back for his own good, she also didn't have a way to get back to the present without his help. Time leaping would be impossible by herself. 

No phone, little money, and completely alone. 

"Great..." she said to herself as she glanced around. 

So, Y/n did what any sane person would do in this situation. She called the only number she had memorized from her past. Y/n went to find a payphone and clicked the numbers on the keys within the booth. She waited as the phone rang over and over before someone finally picked up the phone. 

"It's Baji."

"I know this is sudden but, it's Y/n. The one from the meeting yesterday," she explained nervously in fear that he'd hang up on the unfamiliar voice. 

"Yeah, Mitsuya's plus one right? The cute girl," he said in a teasing tone and Y/n could picture the sly smirk he wore while speaking into the phone. She laughed a bit before leaning back on the frame of the booth behind her.  "So, what's up Y/n?" he asked and she tried not to lose herself in the way that her name rolled off her lips as perfectly as it did. 

"Do you know happen to know where Takemichi is right now..?" Her voice trailed off as she watched just the person she was searching for race right past the booth. Y/n's eyes followed him and her head quickly turned to see him pass. "Nevermind, I got it. Bye!" She said hurriedly and dropped the payphone and ran after the blonde.

She had to give him credit for how fast he was. Y/n didn't expect to work this hard to catch up behind him. "Takemichi!" She called out to him.

He finally slowed down and looked behind to see who was calling him. Takemichi just looked at her as she gradually came  over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. Y/n breathed heavily and lifted a finger to gesture for him to give her a moment. She then took a deep breath and stood up straight to meet him. 

"What are you all planning with Toman?"

"Listen-"

"I'm going to save everyone! I know about your relationship with Kisaki and I know you have something to do with the downfall of Toman! I'm not letting you get any farther."

"Takemichi-"

"Even if you are a girl, I will do what I have to so I can protect everyone from that future!"

"Will you shut up for a second," Y/n interrupted sharply. "I'm trying to stop Kisaki just like you."

"Really?" Takemichi said with a sense of relief and he seemed to ease himself a bit. 

"I just need you to do something for me in return."

"What's-"

"We don't have time for that now. Just know that I'm on your side alright. We need to get the warehouse before they start anything they'll regret."

Y/n went off running again and Takemichi followed after her. They rushed over to the warehouse and he tried to prevent tears from streaming down his face. 

He wanted to save Draken. He wanted to save Hina.

He had to prevent the conflict from happening with Moebius. 

If that meant taking a risk by trusting Y/n Hanma then by all means, Takemichi knew he needed all the help he could get. He suspected that she had some insight on the Moebius situation soon to happen at the warehouse and he hoped that bringing her with him wouldn't be a mistake. Just once, he needed things to go right, to let him know if he was doing the right thing. 

He stared at his feet while they ran until they came up to the seemingly abandoned building. 

This was his first major step in changing the future for the better.