PART 20.

AUGUST, 2005

"Did you seriously where that stupid outfit the whole day?" y/n asked and pointed at the bold choice of clothing that Takemichi had decided to wear due to his growing reputation. 

"Not you too!?" he groaned in embarrassment. Y/n still stared him down with a mildly angered expression etched on her features. She had been awaiting her apology for his harsh accusations and as they both now know, false accusations. Y/n even had put her grudge aside to fight that night but, the frustration she'd felt from his lack of trust still insulted her to this moment. "Are you mad about something?" he finally asked awkwardly as they continued to walk forward. 

Y/n didn't feel the need to respond and instead ignored him before turning her head away from him. Takemichi arched a brow and went to speak again. "Is it because I didn't visit you at the hospital right away? I just lost track of time between going to see Draken and Mikey."

"I'm sure you fit gloating in that outfit somewhere in your busy schedule," she muttered to herself and Takemichi still seemed confused. "Forget it," she stated and went ahead. 

"I don't understand girls sometimes..."

That was Y/n's last straw as her shred of tolerance left had finally teared apart in her mind. "An apology, Takemichi. What I wanted was a simple apology. God, I don't know how Hina puts up with you."

When the memory from that night came into his mind and how he'd pressured her to admitting to something she'd hadn't even done out of fear, the feeling of guilt came over him. Y/n let out a sigh and stopped in place to calm herself down before turning to face him. Her eyes slightly widened when she saw tears threatening to fall from his eyes and the sound of sniffling. "I'm really sorry, Y/n! I should be thanking you for what you did!" He then bowed dramatically to her and begged repeatedly for her forgiveness. 

"Ok, Takemichi! Just get up, people are starting to stare!" she whisper-yelled in response and dragged him up, off the ground. Takemichi then went to embrace her tightly out of gratitude which had shocked her the most out of everything. "Takemichi..."

"I'm seriously grateful for everything you've done up until now. I hope that when I return, your future will be what you'd hoped it to be."

"The future..." she pondered on her lips before she remembered that she couldn't get back without the help of her brother. "I have to get back to the future, that's right."

"What'd you say?" Takemichi questioned since she'd spoken softly and Y/n shook her head in response.

"Nothing important. I just remembered I have to do something."

"Wait! Can you tell me how you knew that I was a time leaper?"

For the rest of the walk, Y/n spent her time dodging the question and shifting the subject to something she'd know he'd take interest in. She'd successfully settled on Hina as the topic of choice when she mentioned that Takemichi should get her an apology gift for putting her in harms way that night. Y/n also suggested that it would be something she'd probably carry with her to the future. 

That comment led to her having to dodge his previous question again and again until they finally parted ways on the way to Hina's house. 

"This is where we part ways," Y/n urged and began to walk backwards away from Takemichi with a slight smile. 

"Mitsuya is waiting to forgive you," he said with a smile as Y/n perked up at the news. 

"Are you sure?" she asked hesitantly. 

"Positive," Takemichi reassured before raising a fist up to her. Y/n met his fist with her own and scoffed lightly. "Thanks," she breathed. 

**

Now, Y/n Hanma's luck was never great. In fact, over the years she was forced to accept that misfortune was something that was just drawn to her. Though, as Y/n ran through the streets and paths that led to Mitsuya's house, she didn't have a doubt in her mind that she wasn't going to find him. She felt like she had to see him before going back to the present. 

She breathed heavily and ran throughout the streets until a glimpse of purple hair came into view. There were also two little girls at his side holding hands while they walked. Y/n immediately sped up to catch them and almost instinctively Mitsuya happened to look behind him since he'd felt a presence. His eyes went completely wide in surprise upon seeing Y/n rushing at him. 

"Slow down! Your arm!" he scolded out of worry she'd injure herself. Y/n slowed herself just before she reached him and grabbed the collar of his shirt into her hands. 

"Mitsuya..Takashi," Y/n was able to get out between heavy huffing for air and trying to catch her breath. She wasn't sure what to say to him and before she could get a word out, Mitsuya placed his hands atop her own to pull them away gently. 

"You should go. I don't think it's safe to have you around my sisters," he said quietly to her in attempt to shield his sisters from the truth he had a hard time accepting since the night of the conflict. Y/n felt a piercing into her heart from the statement and was about to draw back completely without resistance. 

"Listen to, Big Sis!" Luna shouted while pulling at her brother's clothes with a determined look on her face. "Listen to her! Listen to her!" Mana added loudly and hit her hands against his legs the best she could to get his attention. 

"Mana. Luna," he began to say but, they continued their shouting at him. Y/n smiled a bit at their gesture and found in her to persuade him to listen to her explanation. 

"I know you were trying to come by," Y/n admitted abruptly to get his attention and the three siblings went quiet to listen. Mitsuya just stared at her since he couldn't deny it. "Thank you for the box."

"I just didn't want to hold on to anything of yours," he responded calmly. 

"Will you at least listen to what I have to say?"

"Go ahead but, I have to get the girls home soon."

"I swear I wasn't trying to hide anything from you. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you about my brother yet and that night I may have if everything didn't happen the way it did. But, I can't choose who my family is and maybe I thought that you of all people would understand that. For once in a very long time I felt like a normal teenage girl at least as normal as it could get for me. Meeting you, your sisters, and even Toman, I cherished all of it. If I had told you about Hanma then there'd be a good chance I would sacrifice all of that. And honestly, I couldn't bring myself to do it."

Mitsuya stood without words for a moment to process what she'd said to him. His sisters curiously looked between the two of them and felt the heavy tension of silence. He sighed and glanced right into her eyes with his hands placed in his sweater pockets. "You know the worse part of what you did?"

Y/n guessed it was a rhetorical question and didn't give a response. 

"I wouldn't have cared if you'd just told me. Of course, out of all people I would understand. There's no benefit for me to be angry with you and I didn't mean what I said earlier."

"It's alright if you are angry with me. You have every right," Y/n reassured. 

Well...then I may be a bit angry with you. That means you should do a few chores around the house to make up for it," he said with a serious expression and Y/n was a bit surprised.

"Chores?"

"You're going to stay over again tonight, aren't you?"

"I--"

Luna and Mana cheered in unison from the comment of her staying over since it the only words shared between them that they completely understood what they meant. "You can sleep in our room! I can even show you my new clothes Mitsuya made for me!"

"I got new stuff too!" Mana cheered.

"How about you two wait till we get home for that. It's already way past your bed times," he sighed and walked ahead with his sisters. When Mitsuya noticed that Y/n had stayed behind he turned to face her and gestured for her to follow behind him. "You coming?"

"...Yeah."

a/n: i hate school.