PART 21.

AUGUST, 2005

After the girls finally fell asleep, four movies, two terribly cute fashion shows, and many glitter messes later, Y/n softly closed the door behind her as she snuck out of their room. Her hair was soiled with glitter and her hair was messily braided together which Luna considered to be her best work yet. Y/n yawned a bit and lazily shuffled over to the nearest window to stare at the sky. 

Stars were scattered across the sky and the atmosphere was filled with a comforting silence besides the faint snores of the two younger girls from the other room. 

"As nice as this is, I have to go back. A new future is waiting for Shuji and I."

She pulled herself away from the window and was careful to not make any noise when checking to see if Mitsuya was asleep. Y/n peeked inside to see him sleeping peacefully, bringing a smile on her face as she closed the door and slid a letter she'd written for him prior, under his door. She did the same with girls and slipped the paper under their doorway. 

Y/n took off the clothes she'd received from Mitsuya and folded them neatly onto the couch. She put her own clothes back on. She took one last longing look at the house she'd become so familiar with and picked up her things to leave. "Goodbye," she mumbled and a tear fell from the corner of her eye but, she quickly wiped it away. 

Outside, her brother awaited and appeared slightly annoyed when seeing her finally come out the house. "Come on, before the younger Kisaki brat notices I'm gone."

"Stop whining like a bitch. You'll wake the nice people in this neighborhood."

Shuji just raised his hand out to her. "I put my trust in you with this. Don't disappoint."

"No promises," she said but, she was hopeful almost confident that she'd changed their future. Y/n walked over to him and reached to grab his hand which followed with a bright light from the contact. 

There was no going back now.

AUGUST, 2017

Y/n's eyes fluttered open when her body was met with a sudden drop in temperature and the bright lights of the room. There was stench of liquor that lingered in the air and when her eyes scanned the room it was almost familiar. Though not a familiarity that was accompanied by good memories. Rather very dark ones. 

She hastily sat up and reluctantly went to turn her head behind her. 

There, standing with the most devious smile was Kisaki. 

"It didn't change. Nothing changed.." she muttered in fear as her body began to shake from the terror that overcame her. 

What was he going to do to her? Would he punish her for going against him? Did he know what she did?

Her breathing started to get shallow as she held her hand over her neck where her scar was still prevalent. Y/n almost found herself suffocating each step that Kisaki took that brought him closer to her. Her head snapped around in search for her brother but, he still laid unconscious at the other side of the room. 

"You seriously believed you could outsmart me? Especially with that 'hero' as your sidekick."

Y/n lowered her head and her eyes once again were clouded with their previous dull shade of utter defeat and submission to Kisaki's every will. She was trapped, locked back into the same prison she so desperately wanted to leave behind.