PART 24.

SEPTEMBER, 2005

"Come on, Y/n!" Luna whined while forcefully shaking Y/n's body as she tried to bury herself under her covers. "I'll be late for school!"

"It's Sunday. Who's goes to school..?" Y/n groaned back at her and continued to hide herself within the comfort of her blankets. 

"I do! Come on, come on!" Luna urged again and this time ripped the covers from her body, the cold air immediately hitting Y/n's skin, causing her to out a slight shriek. Luna burst out in a giggling fit while Y/n's face held no sense of amusement. The younger girl ran out the room with blankets in hand and shut the door quickly behind her. 

"Luna! When I get you I am going to--" Y/n shouted her warning at the young girl and with a harsh swing of the door, she saw where Mitsuya stood, about to knock on the door to speak with her. Y/n then became painfully aware of how horrid her hair probably looked from how she slept and the embarrassment of being seen in her pajamas as she shouted for an eight year old. "Mitsuya," was all she could spit out with a quiet voice. 

Behind Mitsuya was Luna making taunting faces at her with a teasing smile. Y/n tried to prevent her eyes from drifting over to the young girl in anger but, she silently struggled to do so as Mitsuya spoke. "Sorry to wake you. But, I've got to get Luna to her school program and Draken said he might've found you a place."

"A place?"

"Well, the 'you' that's not really you was looking for somewhere else to stay. Either way, it'd still be better than being here and sharing a room with my sisters." He rubbed the nape of his neck with a guilty, faint smile. 

"No, no. I..love staying with your sisters," Y/n began to reassure him until she caught Luna doing mocking little gestures to poke fun at Y/n's slight crush on her brother. "I mean I just love them to death," she forced out, trying to mask her annoyance. 

"If you're really willing to stay here, then you're welcome to but, I at least want you to check it out. You deserve to have your something of your own, Y/n."

She didn't understand, couldn't understand the value of having something of her own. Why the appeal? The importance? Shuji and Y/n shared everything from their lifestyle down to each of their facial features. The twins were practically attached by the hip before and now Y/n feared that if she didn't move out she may find herself smothering Mitsuya the same way she unknowingly did her brother. 

"I'll dress quick," she responded simply and closed the door behind her. 

**

"Have a good day, ok? I'll be back to get you later." Mitsuya placed a hand on his sister's head along with giving her a few more words of encouragement and caution. "Remember that I packed your lunch in this pouch here. If you feel uncomfortable call me as soon as you can and I'll be here. Even it's a minor--"

"I got it. Promise," Luna insisted to stop him from continuing down his list of worries. "I'm not a little baby. I can do things by myself." She then pointed over to Y/n with a serious expression on her face. "She's still a baby. Make sure to watch her closely."

Y/n's eye twitched a bit and she smiled kindly at the young girl who feigned ignorance to any sort of taunting. "I think I heard the bell. Your class is starting soon. Better hurry."

Mitsuya raised his hands in defense between them and gave a light smile to Y/n. "I'm sure she didn't mean it like that.."

"She knows what I meant," Luna clarified and her eyes glanced over to Y/n until they switched onto her friends coming up to the school. "See you later!" she cheered happily and rushed over to them before Mitsuya couldn't even begin a response. 

He made sure to closely watch his sister laugh and walk with her friends until they entered the school. The moment her figure disappeared, he made a point to pull himself away from the school and start walking. Y/n followed beside him in an understanding silence and tried to read his expressions from the corner of her eye. 

They'd been going on for a while and Y/n had a feeling that they were supposed to have already reached their destination. She would sneak glances at him to see if he was as lost as she guessed and Y/n was relieved to see that he seemed confident in the directions he was going. 

Besides, this was Mitsuya. He was the most put together person she knew. 

Minutes passed as they continued walking and Y/n swore she'd seen them pass these bushes twice now. Mitsuya also appeared far less sure than earlier. He appeared as if he was waiting for her to ask if they were really lost and for how long had he known. 

"Are--"

"We're not lost. Just taking the longer route."

"It feels like we've been walking aimlessly for almost an hour," Y/n countered with a light laugh following after. "Shouldn't we have reached wherever we're going?"

"We will," Mitsuya started to reason when a familiar building caught his eye from behind her. "We have," he corrected quickly and gave a triumphant smile upon finally arriving. 

It was a tattoo shop designed with dark colors, contrasting the pastel painted shops surrounding it. Y/n and Mitsuya entered, seeing Draken waiting inside on one of the couches set out in a lounge area in the corner of the room. 

"Almost thought you two wouldn't make it," he announced while leaning his head back for a moment to catch a glimpse at the pair. "Get lost?" he teased playfully by purposefully hitting a sore spot for Mitsuya. 

"We took a detour," was all he said and simply smiled to compose himself.

Y/n turned to face the new person who emerged into the room, a man with long half shaven hair and tattoos decorating the majority of his skin. He was almost familiar, like she'd met him somewhere before and after a moment it came to her that this man had been the one of who tattooed her palms. 

"This is that friend of yours?" the man questioned and pointed to Mitsuya, to which Draken shook his head and gestured towards Y/n.

"She's the one that needs it."

Y/n went to wave at the older man but, her hand froze once she recognized his face. "Sakae..?"