07: alondra

"We're still studying even though you ordered food." I say to Jack as I take a bite of the sandwich he had delivered to my dorm room as a peace offering during our tutoring session.

He gives me an apologetic smile, "I figured."

Food was a good idea. Earlier wasn't even really his fault. I mean it kind of was because he wouldn't leave me alone during the lecture and unfortunately our professor noticed.

"Al," Jack whispers loudly and I ignore him, trying to catch what our professor is saying.

"Hey."

My grip on my pencil tightens out of annoyance. Class gets out in fifteen minutes and he seriously can't wait until then?

"Al, stop ignoring me."

Keri looks at me curiously and I don't know what to tell her.

"Alondra," He drawls closely into my ear.

I flinch, finally giving him the reaction he wanted. "Shut up please," I grit out through clenched teeth.

"I'm sorry Mr. Schultz and Ms. Brown. I didn't mean to bore you," Our professor sneers from the front of the auditorium and all eyes zero in on us.

I run a hand over my face to try and keep my face from erupting bright red from all the attention. Jack calmly responds, "Professor, I'm sorry. I was just asking Alondra a quick question about something you said a few minutes ago."

"You might do well to pay better attention Mr. Schultz. Just because you're an athlete does not mean I'm going to cut you any slack when it comes to the grading scale." He warns harshly before his eyes fall on me, "And you Ms. Brown. I expected better after making an exception to let you into my class."

I nod once, dipping my head down low. I bite my tongue to prevent myself from saying anything I could regret. I'd heard this guy was a pompous asshole, but seriously? All my assignments have been turned in on time. I've been studying my ass off for the test on Thursday. I've been helping Jack study too so he does well. I've seen his grades and they've been steadily climbing.

Jack's groupies he used to sit with are turned around snickering slightly at me and I do my best to ignore them.

I was angry, not so much with Jack, but with our professor. I was a little mad with Jack, but it didn't really have anything to do with him. More so about his stupid groupies. I feel dumb for letting them get to me

We've been studying for what feels like forever. I'm starting to lose focus and I can tell that Jack is only hanging on because hockey is on the line. Jack works through some practice questions for his microeconomics exam Friday. We also have a test in two days in Calc and I plan on fucking acing it to spite the teacher. Also because anything below a ninety feels like a big fat F. I've been doodling on the corner of my notebook for the last half hour because I'm confident in the grade I'm sure I'll get.

Jack's been here for a few hours now, ever since my dad let them out of practice actually. To my relief, he hasn't mentioned my dad or what I told him at the rink once.

I lean against the wall after finishing my sandwich to watch Jack solve a problem. His brows are scrunched up in confusion and his dark hair is hanging in his face, having fallen loose from the number of times he's run his fingers through his hair. The twin sized bed we're sitting on feeling even smaller than normal because of the sheer size of Jack.

An athlete's body through and through.

His blue eyes flit up, making contact with mine. "Are you staring at me because you're plotting ways to kill me for earlier?"