epilogue

I cheer loudly after Jack skates quickly around the goal, sneaking the puck in right past Nebraska Omaha's goalie again. It's his second goal of the night and he assisted on another one.

It's the NCAA West Regionals and if they win this game tonight, they're a shoe in for the Frozen Four. They've worked hard this season, losing a few games but winning a majority of them. Jack's had his best season yet and there have been recruiters at every game.

After things got out about his dad a couple months back, it took a little bit for him to adjust to it. Jack didn't like everyone knowing his past. He didn't want anyone feeling sorry for him or treating him differently.

Since that day in the library, it was the final straw and Grady was kicked off the football team, laying low since. I hadn't heard a peep from him. If we ran into each other around campus because unfortunately it does happen, he would stop and turn the other direction. It was quite a relief that he was obeying the restraining order because it meant I didn't have to worry about him ever hurting me again.

Pritchett smiles widely at me, "Dude. I love hockey."

"Me too," I say loudly over the roar of the crowd. Peyton links her arm with me, her blonde hair dyed a bright pink because she said it made her happy. Ruby is on the other side of her wearing Dylan's away jersey to match Jack's that I'm wearing.

Dad pulls Jack off the ice for a break, especially considering we're up five to nothing. He'd never take it easy on another team, but it's good sportsmanship to take their best player off. Besides, it's better to give him time to rest when there's hopefully more games coming up.

Jack's been pushing himself hard lately getting ready for this tournament. He wants to prove that the team did the right thing putting their faith in him as their team captain.

Meanwhile I've been working my ass off in my classes and helping Jack with his dyslexia so he keeps his GPA up. He's really big on making sure he gets his degree before starting a professional career. I also know he's nervous for the draft in May, but regardless of how the team finishes this year, he's a shoe in.

Jack is sitting on the bench, drinking his water and it's ridiculous how good he looks in his hockey gear. Almost like he can feel me staring at him, he scans over the crowd, stopping and smiling when he finds me. I blow him a kiss and his smile grows wider.

Fuck, I really love him.

The rest of the game flies by and the second I have Jack in arms reach, I'm wrapped around him like a monkey. I hug him tightly as he holds me up underneath my legs. "You played fucking amazing." I say proudly.

"Thanks darling," He says, causing me to shiver and wrap my legs tighter around his torso. I press my lips roughly against his, feeling Jack reciprocate quickly.

"Do we have to go to Twin City to celebrate?" I mumble against his addictive mouth. I don't particularly want to put a pin in this until later.

"Fuck no."

I laugh as he kisses me again momentarily before pulling away to press one more chaste kiss to my cheek. I unwind myself from around him, except the moment my feet hit the ground, I'm hopping up onto his back.

Jack shakes his head, but adjusts me higher up onto his back. "You're lucky I love you. I thought you'd want me to save my energy for later, but I'll carry you to the car if you want."

"Thought you fucked like a porn star, they don't seem to ever get tired," I tease, recalling his words from six months ago.

His grip tightens on my legs, "You don't seem to complain."