32: jack

After spending all my time with Alondra in Texas, going back to Minnesota was a shock to my system. It was only a week, but I'd gotten used to seeing her everywhere, always being able to touch her, kissing her whenever I wanted.

Here, I've been a grumpy asshole as I go through withdrawals. Seeing her for a couple hours a day is different than spending nearly every waking minute with her. A part of me is shocked by how easy it was to spend that much time together. Even spending long amounts of time with Dylan requires breaks and I've known him since high school, but I never needed that with Al.

It's confusing.

And it doesn't help that I've been dying to get her alone again.

It feels like since we got back, we're only alone for a few moments before someone needs something. We were studying the other day and I was just about to lean over and kiss her when Peyton came in, claiming that she needed help on a paper for one of her classes.

Then Pritchett and Eli broke up again so Al's been spending a lot of time with her the last couple of days. I know her best friend comes before me, but it's pathetic how jealous I am of Pritchett right now.

I'm at Twin City with Seth and Dylan, sipping my water as they drink whatever IPA is on tap tonight. Coop has something going on at his frat or he'd be here too.

Seth is complaining about how they lost to Wisconsin for their final game of the season. They didn't win enough games to be considered for post season and it's unfortunate because he's a damn good quarterback. Just stuck with a defense that struggles to keep it's shit together.

I'm only half listening to the conversation though.

I'm waiting to hear from Al if she can come over tonight or not.

Dylan kicks me under the table, "Just because you keep staring at your phone doesn't mean she's going to text back."

Seth snorts and I roll my eyes, flipping my phone over to prove a point that I don't care that much. Even though I care a lot. "I was waiting to hear from your mom what time she wants me to come over," I say sarcastically and Dylan laughs.

"Shut the hell up."

"Is it that girl from your party?" Seth asks with a knowing grin.

"She has a name." I say, tapping my fingers against my glass.

Dylan takes a swig of his drink, "He gets a little protective of her." He warns Seth who laughs.

"Considering he almost jumped down my throat when I met her, I'm aware. It's Al right?" Seth asks and Dylan nods in confirmation. "What's it short for? Allie?"

I can't help but chuckle because that was my initial guess too. "Alondra."

Fuck I love saying her name. I'm about done calling her Al because even thinking about the way she looks at me when I say her real name is enough to give me a semi.

Seth looks confused, "Wait, are you sure?"

"Pretty sure we know her name," Dylan says.

He shakes his head, scratching the back of his neck. "There's just this freshman on O-line who is dating this other girl named Alondra. That's just odd you both are talking to a girl with the same name."

I suck in a sharp breath, but it's not like I didn't already know that's what Grady is telling people. "Same girl. They've been broken up for almost a year." I don't even bother trying to deny that we're not talking because how else do I explain what kind of asshole I am for asking to be friends with benefits with her?