Chapter 22

"Can you believe it?" Olivia gushed. Dumbledore had just announced the Triwizard Tournament and Olivia was ecstatic.

"I'd love to spend some time with the Durmstrang boys," Katie whispered conspiratorially.

"Katie!" Olivia exclaimed. The girl only laughed.

"What? They are lookers." Angelina nodded at Katie's words with a grin splitting her face.

"I heard Krum is coming, too. I'm a huge fan of his."

"Sparks doesn't speak Quidditch, Ang," Fred said.

"Hey!" Olivia exclaimed.

"What, it's true," Fred raised his hands in innocence. Olivia huffed.

"Victor Krum," Alicia explained, "Is an amazing Quidditch player. He's the seeker for the Bulgarian National Team."

"And a bloody fantastic one, at that," Lee added. The twins nodded in agreement.

"Well then, I'll let you worry about that. I'm more interested in meeting all the different witches and wizards. I'd love to know how it is to study at Beauxbatons. Besides, I'm sure it'll be entertaining."

"I'm just sad there won't be any Quidditch," Katie complained.

"Oh, I'm sure you'll find something to do," Olivia assured her. "There'll be lots of people to talk to."

George's eyes widened as he remembered something. "Fred, didn't you hear. There's a reward. For winning."

Fred caught on. "We could use the money to open the shop like we've always wanted. We should put our names in."

"You aren't old enough..." Olivia started, but Fred cut her off.

"I'm sure we can find a way around that, darling." Olivia rolled her eyes.

"I don't have the energy to argue with you. That's Hermione's job, anyway." She bit her lip then, realizing that she may be revealing a bit of the future. It's fine. They won't notice.

Fred gave her a look, but continued, "George, let's go." The twins sauntered off, undoubtedly planning their way into the tournament. Olivia looked after them with a smile.

"I'm heading up to our dorm, Ang. I'm exhausted. Bye Olivia, Katie, Lee," Alicia waved, skipping off. Lee gave the girls a nod.

"I better be off, too. Night," Lee said.

"Night," the three remaining girls chorused. Olivia stretched, not ready to go to bed just yet. Angelina turned to her.

"Sooo... do you know who you might go to the Yule Ball with?' Angelina asked. Olivia gave a laugh.

"Isn't it a bit early to be thinking about that?" Angelina shrugged, but Katie joined her.

"It's never too early. Now answer the question," she urged. Olivia sighed, looking up deep in thought.

"Honestly, I don't know. Maybe I just won't go..." she trailed off. Angelina frowned and Katie suddenly turned to Olivia, grabbing her shoulders and meeting her eyes.

"No, you're going. Now, let's find you a partner."

After parading around for the better part of an hour, Angelina, Katie, and Olivia found no one. Angelina asked questions, "How about brunettes?", "Do you prefer girls or guys or either?". Most of the questions, Olivia replied with a shrug. This frustrated the competitive Angelina, who was determined to succeed.

The only thing Katie and Angelina managed to weed out of her was that she was into guys, and preferred tall ones. Angelina exhaled.

"Is there anyone you like?" Angelina questioned.