Chapter 26

"Then trust us, (y/n)."

My heart drops, a cold feeling sweeping over my once heated body. I quickly turn around, cold blue eyes, framed by those calculating glasses, meeting my wide (e/c) ones. They quickly narrow.

"What do you want? I thought I told you and your creepy king that I don't want to have anything to do with you guys," I snarl.

The lanky man before me smirks, letting out a slight manic sounding giggle. He bores his eyes right through my body.

"I'm not here because of what I want. I'm here because of what my king wants," the blue clansman replies.

I stare Fushimi down, guard up.

"And what the hell does he want?"

"He wants to take down HOMRA, (y/n)~. Didn't they abandon you not too long ago?" he asks with a teasing tone, a hint of false pitty being thrown in.

My jaw clenches and brow furrows, eyes darting down to the sidewalk. But I know he's not wrong. He's right on point actually, and it terrifies me. The friends I called home left me in the dirt. They didn't even have a good reason to do it either.

I look back up, a smug smirk painted on that damned man's pale lips.

"I'm right on point huh?"

Hesitantly, I nod. He smirks.

"Scepter 4 would never abandon a clansman, even if it meant they were being put in danger. Why choose a clan of lowly, wild dogs? They all carry some form of the same disease..." Fushimi says, grumbling the last part.

I keep my eyes glued onto the cunning Scepter 4 clansman, his words actually making complete sense. But I refuse to believe the blue clan would be a better choice.

"Sorry, Fushimi. But I don't belong with you perfect people. It's not in my nature to be ordered around."

His smile drops, head tilting down a bit. He shoves his hands into the pockets of his jacket, sighing.

"You know just saying 'sure, I'll go' would've worked too. Or running would've at least made this worth my time," Fushimi says in a bored tone.

I raise a suspicious eyebrow, not too sure what the monkey is referring to. Until it hits me. Literally.

The sharp pain of something pointy nails me in the crook of my neck. My eyes widen, locking with the sharp blue ones before me. I try to grab at Fushimi's hand but my whole body starts to feel tired and numb. I grit my teeth, falling into Fushimi.

"What the hell... did you do...?" I ask, trying to keep consciousness.

The man laughs, picking me up with ease and tossing my limp body over his shoulder.

"I'm simply carrying out my orders. HOMRA will go down one way or another. With or without your assistance."

And that was the last thing I heard before my world spiraled into total darkness

•••

The sound of swords and gruesome yelling surrounds me. I look everywhere, sky red and clouds black. All around me there is fighting. Blood covers the ground, and the floor is beginning to compile with bodies. My stomach curls, not used to this much violence in one place. I back up, stumbling over someone's limp body. The floor embraces my butt in a cold, hard embrace. I look at my hands, blood staining them. I recoil. My eyes dart to the person I tripped over, a heavy stone knotting in my stomach.

His soulless brown eyes bore into my skin, tan lips parted like a fish out of water. A pair of broken, green tinted shades rest lopsided on his face. That classic white hoodie is stained in the clan's color.