Chapter 17

"Flowers are like people. They're all different yet beautiful. They all grow and survive for the best and then die off after a long life of living."

Chie has a distant look glazing her normally cheery eyes.

"Chie. Not many people would disagree with you. We all have our different analogies, but most of them lead to the same topic," Shiro consoles Chie.

I smile a little bit, going off on my own to look at different plants. Kuroh follows but Neko stays beside Shiro. "You know, I've always found it peaceful here," I randomly state, brushing a flower's petals with my fingers.

"Is that so?" Kuroh replies.

I hum a yes and nod. "The people here are very nice and warm. They're not like city people. Rude and cold."

I can feel Kuroh's gaze on my body. I glance to the black haired samurai, his eyes darting away. The look that was in his eyes held curiosity. Who could I blame though? I admit I can be pretty distant and unknown.

"Kuroh! We need to get going or we'll miss the train," Shiro's voice calls.

He walks around the corner, a flower pot in his hands. The flower is a single white lily.

"Ah! There you are," Shiro says with relief.

He smiles at me. "(Y/n). It was great seeing you here and meeting your friend. If you ever need any help with anything, the three of us will be honored to help."

"Thanks, Shiro," I reply.

Kuroh starts walking, pulling Neko away from some catnip. Shiro laughs lightly. "Take care, (y/n), and make sure Chie stays safe."

He walks away, chasing the black haired man and pink haired girl. I walk around to find Chie, finding her paying for a few flowers.

"Thanks, ma'am! Come again soon," a tall man in overalls says.

Chie turns around, facing me with her arms full of flowers and bags of food. She flashes a large grin in my direction, almost pulling the corner of my lips up. "(Y/n)! Look at these beautiful flowers," she squeals.

The short girl shoves the flowers into my face, forcing me to intake their scent. I smell the calming aroma. "Smells nice," I comment, putting a thumbs up in approval.

We walk for a bit, Chie leading us to the bathrooms. "I'll be right back," Chie says. "Just have to relieve my small bladder from that smoothie."

I nod, Chie leaving to the lady's room. I stand around, noticing a person standing next to me. "You know, Hibiki, it's rude to be late," I remark.

"Tch. I had something to do earlier," he replies.

"And what would that be," I ask, looking to the tall male.

My heartbeat stops for a split second. Hibiki's aura has changed up a bit. There was a small blue tinge to the space around him. His animal has also grown in strength. The opossum around him has a power hungry smirk that makes my stomach feel uneasy.

"Where were you," I ask, not looking away.

Hibiki doesn't answer.

"Oi," I snap. "Where the hell were you?"

He looks over at me with narrowed eyes. I internally flinch. His eyes are cold, and lock with my determined ones. "It's none of your concern," Hibiki snaps back.

"It's all of my concern since I'm your friend," I state in retaliation.

Hibiki's eyes widen with shock. I can sense he's nervous. "Well... I was at Scepter 4," he claims.