Chapter 13

"Didn't you hear her? Let's go."

I hear the footsteps of the three guys and the one girl chase after me. Anna snatches my hand, holding it tightly. Yata and Rikio go back to arguing with each other. Eric walks beside me.

"(Y/n), right?" Eric asks.

"No. I'm a random girl that you just so happened to rescue yesterday," I retort.

Eric's blue eyes snap to me. I can feel the uneasiness within him.

"She's our prophecy. She'll save HOMRA," Anna murmurs.

"Sorry if I scared you. It wasn't my intention," I apologize.

"I-It's fine," Eric mumbles, looking away.

"I have a sarcastic tone when I feel comfortable," I state.

We continue walking, people paying no heed to us.

"Yatagarasu. Just admit your feelings are real," Rikio's voice pierces my thoughtless thoughts.

"Shut up, you over sized pig," Yata shouts.

"Not until you actually say something."

"I'm not saying shit to her!"

"Say shit to who," I ask, turning to look at the bickering guys.

They both fall silent.

A pull of energy grabs my attention. My (e/c) eyes focus on one area in one direction; forwards. "(Y/n)?"

"Shut up," I snap.

The three men go silent. I feel an energy drawing me in. There's a menacing laughter that bursts out from the blackened alley. Yata takes a defensive stance in front of me, his body glowing. Rikio scoops up Anna, holding the little girl closely. Eric stands in a relaxed position but, his body is tense. The laughter continues.

"What the hell...?" Yata murmurs.

A cold gust of wind and energy is pushed to us. A long trail of hazy white energy bolts past my head. "Better watch your back, (y/n) (l/n). Every clan will soon be after you," it hisses.

I whip around, the energy source leaving no trace that it existed. "The hell was his problem," Yata growls.

"He said to watch myself. There may be people out to get me later on," I reply aimlessly.

I can feel the burning hazel eyes of Yata Misaki bore holes into the back of my head. I turn to look at the vanguard. "He... what?"

"He said that I need to watch my back."

"I know that!" Yata snaps. "How did he know you?"

I shrug, looking up to the sunny sky. "A lot of people know me. Just not in a good way."

Yata clicks his tongue. A warm hand slips into my left hand. It draws my attention to stern eyes. "I will protect you, (y/n). There's no doubt," Yata states.

His eyes soften a bit with worry and concern. I crack a faint smile. "Let's see if we could sneak you into my house first," I sarcastically remark.

Yata's face flushes. "Well not at your house! Just, outside and stuff like that."

I laugh. A small, cold hand parts my hand from Yata's. The cold hand takes my warmer one. "Stay away from big sister. I'll protect her," Anna says in a cold tone.

Yata jumps back a bit, an irked look on his face. I giggle, keeping my hand intertwined with Anna's.

We all walk to HOMRA, conversation picking up every now and then. I open the door, the small golden bell ringing. "Welcome to HOMRA," the familiar voice of Izumo travels over to my ears.