Chapter 11

"Yeah... I hope so too..."

Yata walks me to my house. We say good night and part our separate ways. His being a free road and mine being a broken and chained off road. I unlock the door to apartment 516. I open the door, all the lights off. "I'm home," I call out into the apartment.

No one replies. "Hello?"

I shut the door, turning the light on. There's an empty bottle of sake in front of my right foot. I click my tongue. I pick up the bottle, walking to the living room. There are three more bottles on the hickory coffee table. I set the bottle I picked up by the door down by the other bottles. There's a light blue button up dress shirt with a black tie near it. Both are disheveled.

"Dad? Mom?"

No one answers. I walk to the kitchen, another bottle of sake laying on the tiled floor. I head around the corner. There's a pool of water on the floor. My (e/c) eyes lock onto the body of my mother. "Damn it..."

Her body is limp on the floor asleep. Her right arm is draped into the over flooded sink while her body lays under the wet waterfall. I walk over to the sink, my feet splashing about in the cold water. I turn the knob off, stopping the water. I hoist my mom up, supporting her by tossing her arm around my shoulder.

"Damn it all... you just had to get drunk at home and pass out while running the water," I mumble to no one in particular.

I drag the heavy woman to the couch, laying her down on the soft seat cushions. After making sure my mom would stay on the couch, I walk to the coat closet. There's a mop and bucket sitting in the back. I grab for the wooden mop and yellow bucket, dragging them both to the kitchen.

"Let's see... this should take a little bit," I mumble.

I begin mopping up the wet mess, unplugging the drain. It takes about forty five minutes to clean up the mess. I wipe my forehead, looking at the overly full bucket and mop.

"Poor thing. Being worked this hard," I coo towards the broom.

It doesn't speak back. I set the mop beside the bucket, turning out the lights in the apartment. My feet drag over to my bedroom. With a tired and numb hand, I open the door to my room and let myself in. I lock the door. My (f/c) bed greets me with its comforting softness. I listen to the very little sound of Shizume City.

"So peaceful," I think.

The car noises from outside of the apartment are faint but calming. They start pulling me into sleep, my mind wandering from the fact I still need to change.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Shut up," I growl, reaching for my alarm clock.

I slam my hand down to turn it off. Pain jolts up my arm like fire. I jump up, cradling the injured hand gently. "Damn it... That hurt," I mumble.

I look up to the time and date on my clock. "Wednesday huh? Fun..." I sarcastically humor myself.

I climb out of bed and grab the same style uniform for school, but this one doesn't have rips and blood on it. I change quickly, looking around for my backpack.

"Where the hell-? Wait," then it hits me. "I left it at school."

I shrug it off and go to the bathroom to fix my hair. I peer into the mirror, (h/c) locks dirty and tangled. My hand snatches up my (f/c) hair brush. The brush goes in to attack the messy strands of hair. It only takes a few yanks from the brush to get all the knots out. I grab my toothbrush and brush away my bad breath.

"(Y/n)? Why are you home?" a female voice calls from the kitchen.

"Why wouldn't I be," I retort.