Chapter 6

"Mi~sa~ki~."

Yata darts in front of me, his posture tense and ready. The wind stops. "Yata? What's going," I ask, my nerves on high alert.

"Well well well. It's surprising to see you with a girl, Yata," the sly voice cooes.

I shiver. "Don't you dare think about anything funny," Yata shouts, his aura rising. "Come out and fight like a real man!"

Clacking echos, the black haired man stepping out under a lamppost. His lips are pulled into a smirk, blue eyes gazing down on both of us. "Hand her over, Misaki," he demands, his tone not faltering.

"Misaki," I question, my thoughts becoming confused.

Yata flinches. "Get out of here, Saruhiko. I'm not giving her up," Yata states, his aura growing more.

The monkey man's lips fall, a dull look crossing over his eye. The blue clad man pulls out a few knives, throwing them. My (e/c) eyes widen. I curl down, hiding my head and upper body from the knives.

"You damn monkey," Yata's voice yells.

I crack my eye open, seeing Yata's board covered with knives. He pulls them out with ease, burning them with the touch of his hand. Yata shoots forward with incredible agility. He blocks and throws attacks as the black haired man keeps throwing knives. My eyes dart around, looking for a weapon for the chestnut haired boy.

My eyes land on a metal pole laying down from some scrap trash. I sprint for it, reaching out.

"Give me the prophecy, Mi~sa~ki~. She belongs to Scepter 4 and no one else," the tall man orders.

"Never! She belongs with HOMRA," Yata sneers.

I clasp my (s/c) hands around the metal pole. "Yata! Catch this," I call, tossing the pole in the dog's direction.

He smirks, catching it and finally landing some blows. Yata starts knocking the glasses eyed man off balance. Each swing has a flame chasing after it, turning the fight into a light show. "She will never go with Scepter 4! (Y/n) chooses her own fate," Yata vocalizes, clutching his weapon with great strength.

"You won't have her, Misaki."

"Shut up you damn monkey! No one cares if she's part of HOMRA or your proper blue clan! It's her choice."

My heart strings pull, my throat going dry and my chest aching. I approach Yata, grabbing his white sweatshirt. "Let's go. Leave him be," I say, glaring daggers at the blue robed man.

Yata looks at me with surprised hazel eyes. "Okay," Yata complies. "Go back to the hole you crawled from, Saruhiko."

The man clicks his tongue, walking away. "You better watch out, (y/n). Joining HOMRA might be a big mistake," he hisses, disappearing into the night.

Yata lets out a harsh sigh, tossing the metal pole to the ground. He starts walking, his eyes darting all over the place. "Yata. Calm down. He's not coming back," I attempt to reassure the young man.

"Tsk. Like hell he will! He's a blue freak," Yata snaps.

We walk a bit more, Yata's aura still active. "Hey Yata."

He hums in response.

"Why did that man call you 'Misaki?'"

Yata stops, looking down at the oh so interesting concret. "It's... my name. My first name," he gives in. "But don't call me that! It sounds girly and..." he trails off.

"It's not manly enough," I finish out his sentence, skipping around to the front of him. "Don't worry about it, Yata. It fits you fine," I grin.

The chestnut haired boy blushes, pulling his black beanie down a bit. "Yeah yeah... whatever you say," he mumbles, looking away.