Chapter 7

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

The bell rings, letting us out for lunch. Thank god! I'm starving! I race out of the room with my bento tightly clutched.

"(Y/n)! Wait for us," Chie's bright voice calls.

I glance over my shoulder, the short girl and tall boy chasing after me.

Chie's on the track and field team and Hibiki just runs. Chie has an athlete's posture with a determined look written on her face. Hibiki runs alongside her with his hands shoved inside of his pants pockets.

I smirk. "Hibiki! You look like you're holding your pants up," I remark, pushing myself to go faster.

A grunt is heard along with footsteps. I focus my gaze on people in front of me, watching them move out of the way. The stairs approach me fast, my smirk expanding even more.

I leap, using a burst of energy to spring past numerous stairs. My body continues to bound forward, bringing me to the top level. I body slam the door that leads to the rooftop, bursting right through it. A gust of wind shoots up, tossing my (h/c) hair around.

"When did you get so fast," Chie asks, huffing and puffing like she just finished a marathon.

"When I was starving," I retort in a playful manner.

All three of us sit against the ledge wall, pulling out our lunches. We chow down, stuffing our faces full. Well... it's more Chie and I doing the stuffing. Hibiki just stares at us with his judging eyes.

"Girls are weird," he speaks up. He sticks a piece of sushi in his mouth.

I burst out laughing, receiving an astonished look from Chie and a bored one from Hibiki. "(Y/n)...?"

I hum in response.

"Did you just... laugh," she asks, her blue eyes wide with amazement.

Heat flares to my cheeks a bit. "I guess I did."

"It sounds weird coming from you," Hibiki remarks.

A tick mark pops on my forehead. "Shut up, Sour Puss!"

"That's for saying I looked like I was holding my pants up while running."

I growl, rolling my eyes and proceeding to devour my food. A gust of wind pounds against the wall we're against. "Are you free to study with us after school today," the strawberry blonde asks.

"I should be. If either of my parents pick me up, I'm just gonna ignore them," I state, closing up my empty bento box.

A loud thud is heard from the door. The door is wide open. But there's no wind. The sound of boots clacking echos through the door in an eerie silence.

"Oh (y/n)~. Where are you?"

The voice sends a wave of chills down my spine. My eyes widen and my feet jump me into a standing position. The black haired man walks from the door frame, a smug look on his face. My heart squeezes as his blue eyes lock with my (e/c) ones. He turns to us, his right hand resting on the saber sheathed in its casing. "There you are, (Y/n)," he coos.

I bite my jaw shut, refusing to say anything. "(Y/n)? Who's that? Is he from HOMRA," Chie inquires, clueless of the situation.

"Chie. That's not a HOMRA member," Hibiki states. "That's a Blue Clan member. Scepter 4 is what they're called."

"Very good~! You know your stuff," the monkey complements.

"Oi!" I glare at the man. "What do you want?"