Blackpink

LISA POV

As Jisoo and Rosé glide their needles in and out of their embroidery projects with ease, I sketch my design on a fresh section of fabric, which is proving to quite difficult with the fabric bandage and cut in addition to the numerous blisters that have developed thanks to the statues.

knock knock knock

"Come in" Rosé sing songs. A small servant girl approaches, after giving me a confused look she turns Rosé.

"Miss Jennie Kim has come to see you, your highness" She softly states.

"Jennie is here, how wonderful. Please send her in, Irene."

"Right away, your highness."

Irene disappears out the door and in walks a beautiful young lady with cat-shaped eyes wearing the dressed head-to-toe in noble attire. Her dress was simple but suited her figure well, she paired it with a ruby, jewel necklace that matched the ruby pin pulling the front sections of her hair behind her head. I glance at Jisoo, asking with motions if I have to stand, to which shakes her head. So I remain seated, keeping my eyes lowered out of respect.

(This is what Jennie is wearing, just imagine its floor length)
"Hey Hubby" She sings as she walks over to give Rosé a side hug

(This is what Jennie is wearing, just imagine its floor length)

"Hey Hubby" She sings as she walks over to give Rosé a side hug. Hubby?

"'Hay' is what horses eat wifey, but it’s good to see you too. Tell me, did you remember your needlepoint this time" Wifey?

"When have I ever remembered my needlepoint Rosie posie"

"Not once in my living memory," Rosé sighs "Your I-forgot-mine-again-please-give-me-one-hubby project is in the drawer" Rosie sighs.

"Aw, you know me so well"

As Jennie stands to fetch her needlepoint, Rosé turns her gaze back to me, her eyebrows furrow as she takes in my appearance. "Everything okay Lisa?"

"yes, ofcourse" I quickly nod

"You'll need to explain the nicknames Rosie" Jisoo points out, she seems to have a knack for seeing things others don't.

"Oh, of course" Rosé laughs as though she only just realised Jennie and I have never met, "when we were younger, Jennie's older brother Kai got married. It sparked up numerous jokes between our parents about our future partners. Of course, with us being no older than 6, we both decided that boys were too gross and ill-mannered to marry. So that day we decided to marry each other, Jennie has been my wifey ever since." Rosé laughs as she explains. I smile too, but only to cover the small twang in my heart. Why does the idea of Rosé's marriage, however fantasised, bring me such discomfort???

"And despite her attempts, she has been unable to get rid of me." Jennie laughs as she returns with her needle point in hand. She gracelessly flops on the love seat, opposite to Rosé and I's individual chairs, basically on top of Jisoo to which neither party seems to object. Jennie raises her gaze to me, offering me a bright smile, "Hello, I am Lady Kim Jennie."

"Lalisa Manoban" I smile in return.

“Nice to meet you.” She smiles before she turns to face Chaeyoung who is sitting directly across from her.

Curiosity overwhelms me, but I am at the bottom of the ladder, so asking for answers would no doubt be out of line. I decide to take advantage of the chance to embroider and quickly finish sketching my plan as Jennie, Jisoo and Rosé jump back into conversation and stitching. My mind floats back to my mother back in Thailand, drawing a beautiful scene in which she's lying gracefully in her Chakkri, the sunlight gently kissing her face.