Trouble on the Horizon

JENNIE POV

The suitors returned sooner than I would have liked. Since Jisoo and I started courting my mood had been more chipper, my brother took this as me being passed my grieving period for father and therefore ready to move on with my life. Finding a husband for me was the first thing on his agenda.

Today, Sehun had returned to Kim Manor, clad with flowers and jewels to shower upon me. He is to stay at the manor for three days as my brother's guest. It was his idea to promenade the gardens, to which I agreed with the persuasion of my brothers glare at my initial hesitation. Our chaperone followed some paces behind to provide us with some form of privacy, which was not appreciated.

"Lady Jennie, I must say, your indifference to me will have to be addressed shortly as you are to be my wife." Sehun said in such a manner that only I could hear.

"It shall not be an issue Mr Oh, as I have no intent to marry you"

"And why pray tell not? Your brother speaks of no other suitor for you at present. I am your only option. I advise you to accept my hand quickly as I have many other younger options and much more time to consider them."

"Your brashness just now, is one of many reasons why I shall not marry you, amongst which, I have already found love in this lifetime."

"He must be a very cowardly man to have not yet confronted your brother with this matter"

"It is very bold of your to judge the character of someone you have not met, Mr Oh" I snapped back.

"I may not have met him but I adamant that he cannot provide you with the satisfactions of wedlock like I can."

"She makes me happier than you ever could!"

"She?"

Sehun's face dropped as he processed the information I unknowingly provided him. My heartrate fasten as the whirlpool of anxiety swam through my mind. I had just ruined everything Jisoo and I had.

"Oh My! You're a dyke!" Sehun laughed. "This just got interesting."

My tears welled in my eyes as I realised, there was no escaping this. I was at his mercy. Should he report me, I would be arrested. Probably tortured until I exposed Jisoo as well. And then we would both be hanged. He laughed to himself as he watched me spiral into hopelessness.

"Well Lady Kim, I could very easily ruin everything for you. But I am nice, so instead... we shall wed and I will make you forget all about this, mistake of yours. Tomorrow, I shall propose and you shall say yes. We shall wed in a months' time." He announced with a smirk.

"Oh, and keep your door unlocked tonight Jennie. You know not what I will do if you refuse." He whispered before turning back to the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LISA POV

I watched Jisoo reach over and hold Jennie's hand, "It's not your fault" She whispered lovingly to her lover.

"You don't understand Jisoo! Once I am married I will not have the opportunity to even see you! I will be forced to stay home and watch the children... he has already had me. He has come to my room each night since."

"Can't you tell your brother?" Jisoo inquires.

"She cannot. Then she will be forced to marry Sehun even sooner." Rosé adds, understanding the noble class more than Jisoo and me.

"Sooner than three-weeks! Not possible."

"I could gift you Jisoo's services, as a wedding present. That way at least you could together."

"Humorous Rosanne. I could repay you with Seulgi's services for you own wedding."

"I am present, and decidedly insulted." Jisoo huffed and they giggled. But my mind was focused on a different aspect of the conversation. Jennie had a point, with Rosé's ball just around the corner, so too would her wedding be. Regretfully, my solemn attitude quickly dismissed the brief moment of joy the girl had relished in. Silence filled the garden.

"What should we do?" Rosé voiced all our thoughts, "I do not wish to wed some arrogant man! Why must it be this way? Why can't I marry the women I love!" Rosé burst out in tears and collapsed into my arms, instinctively ready to catch and comfort her. She was the one for me.

"There's more" Jisoo said almost at a whisper, "Prudence has been speaking of a witch in the castle, and she suspects its Lisa. This morning I overheard her telling some guards to keep an eye on you, especially at night."

"It's final then, we have to leave. You are my most beloved friends and I cannot bear witness to any of you dying at the hands of the royal court. Dare I say it, but at my hands." Rosé exclaimed.

"But how? Sehun is watching me and there are guards watching you and now Lisa at all times."

"We will leave the night of the ball; everyone will be too preoccupied to even notice."