Negotiations

JISOO POV

Looking around the dorm room to check if all the other servants are still sleeping, I sneak out of my warm bed in the darkness of night, this is the only time I can do this. I rearrange the pillows on my bed to create a sleeping figure, before adding the head of a mop I stole a few years back to replicate my sleeping head. I creep past the soft glow of the fire's remnants, and slowly open the door with a long, disturbing creak. I wait silently outside the dorm, crouching by the door in silence.

dong

dong

dong

Three rings of the old Grandfather clock indicates its witching hour, perfect. I sneak down the abandoned corridors of the castle, taking the same route as I do every night. I manage to successfully avoid all the guards as I make my way up the spiralling stairs of the Sorcerer's tower. I silently peek through the small window on his bedroom door to confirm he is indeed asleep... he is.

I quickly make my way into his study, its beautiful. I first discovered this place when I had to fetch the Royal Sorcerer for the King when Rosie had a stomach ailment, that's when I first fell in love with magic. Although, I am not sure if it is magic, after reading several the Sorcerer's books, I discovered that one can create almost anything if only they have the right ingredients. With the right herbs one can cure a crook stomach, prevent an infection and ensure a good night's rest free of night terrors. With the right potions, or magical substance one can perform the most marvellous of stunts. For example, I discovered that by simply adding copper, one can turn the reddest of fires green.

I pulled the book I had abandoned last night from its place on the shelf, before sitting in front of the floor-to-ceiling window, only the moonlight lighting up the page just barely enough for me to make out each word. As the pages become easier to read I realise the sun is rising. I memorise the page number I am up to before quickly returning the book to its home on the shelf and sneaking back to dormitory. Rearranging my pillows and tucking my shoes and mop head back in my chest, I catch an hour or two of sleep before being called for breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JENNIE POV

"Miss Jennie, Miss Jennie, Please Miss, you must rise!" I groan and roll to my back to face whoever it is who insists on shaking my shoulders before sunrise.

"Seulgi! Stop shaking me and let me sleep"

"No Jennie, you have to get up now"

"The skies asleep, so I'm asleep" I mumble into my pillow. (A/N sorry, I couldn't help myself).

"Jennie, it's your father" with those words, my eyes snap open. Next thing I can recollect, I'm sitting on my parent's bed to the left of my father, his hand firmly in my hand. Kai is pacing around the foot of the bed while mother sits behind me, a hand resting supportively on my shoulder, I am yet to determine if it's for my benefit or hers. The Doctor leans over from the right of my father, checking his pulse and temperature.

"Can you tell me what happened Lady Kim?" He asked my mother.

"He left the bed for a glass of water, I didn't notice until his return. I woke up when I heard him fall only to find him passed out at the doorway, the glass shattered on the floorboards. His fever seemed quite high again. We've been following your treatments strictly, but his fever refuses to go down." My mother starts to cry softly as I wrap my other arm around her, my brother approaching from behind to lay comforting hand on her shoulder, family trait it seems.

Mother continues to cry into my embrace as Kai and the Doctor exit the room to discuss what next to do regarding my father's health. Mother cries for a good half an hour before she falls asleep. I lie her down next to husband before turning to leave the room.