Chapter 39

"I can ex-" he cut me off, anger written all over his face.

"There's nothing left to be explained" he turned on the ignition and drove me back with high speed. He unlocked the doors and muttered leave without sparing me a glance.

"Please hear me out"

"I said leave" he stormed, I hate to be shouted at so I quickly unplugged my phone and left not before saying good night in a soft voice.

I speed walked to the room my friends and I share not giving room for anyone to talk to me. I gave fatima a tight hug immediately, tears cascading down my cheeks.

"Ayush me ya faru" she hugged me back patting my back. She's a bit taller than me so it was perfect, I needed a friend at the moment and fatima is the best, she understands me so much, more than Zeenah could ever despite being a best friend to me also.

"Ayush mana you're making me worried" she tried pulling away but I hugged her tighter.

"Dan Allah stop crying and tell me what happened" we have a room all to ourselves, just the 3 of us and luckily zeenah isn't here. I pulled away and she walked me to the bed.

"Ina zuwa" she fetched water from a jug for me and gave me a glass. I took a gulp of it and placed my head on my palms.

"What happened" he said after taking the glass back to the bedside drawer.

"It's amir"

"Ya amir?" She asked and I nodded.

"What did he do"

"See" i unlocked my phone and showed her the message from farhan.

"Why did farhan send that to you?"

"I also don't know and amir saw it" I explained everything that happened to her.

"I suggest you call farhan right now and ask him what's going on"

"But fatima why did he say I love you too I can't remember sending I love you to him, we haven't talked ever since I saw him the other day" I gently massaged my temple.

"And amir, he doesn't trust me" I said new set of tears cascading down my cheeks.

"Everything is going to be alright kinji, now call farhan and ask him why did that" i nodded and dialed his number.

"The number you're trying to call is not available at the moment please try again later, thank you"

"Fatima it's not going through"

"Try again maybe it's network" I tried it a couple more and it kept saying the same thing. I shook my head at her and she released a breath.

"Don't worry ayush everything is going be alright, besides farhan will be coming in the next two days for the event, even if he doesn't he'll definitely attend the cocktail, so don't worry everything will be fine"

"What about amir"

"Kedai go and rest now, and I suggest we stop talking about this now, you know zeenah can come in at any moment" i nodded.

****

It's three days now since ya amir and I had a misunderstanding, he never answers my call nor reply my messages, it pains me a lot to remember my very own husband doesn't trust me. And everytime I call farhan it's never going through, luckily we're leaving to kano today.

The kamu took place a day after my misunderstanding with ya amir, yini took place  yesterday and today being the bridal shower all the brides maid were dressed in baby pink gowns. I kept my promise of sending ya amir pictures every time I snap thou he doesn't view it but I still do to keep my promise.