Chapter 15

~Sammy's POV~

"Two old friends..." I murmur. (Y/N) and Boris are staring at me.

"Does she mean Norman and Jack? I remember you were very close to them."

"Maybe. But I'm not sure Jack is with him."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because he lives in the sewers." I answer her then realize. "Hold on, kid, I thought you saw him?"

"No, I saw no one but you. I don't even know where the sewers are." She blurts out.

"I see." So as Alice said, Jack might be with Norman now. But why does Alice mention to them?

No, the reason is too obvious.

"Sammy? You don't look so good!"

Her question makes me jump.

"I-I'm Ok! I was deep in thought."

The elevator stops at Level 14.

"Do you two want to go with me?" I ask them. In fact, I don't want to put them in danger. I just want to handle this myself.

(Y/N) looks at Boris then turn to me.

"Well... We choose to stay. I have something want to tell Boris, and maybe same to him..."

"I see." What a relief. "If you need me, call my name and I will be here for you, ok?"

"I will. By the way, Sammy!"

I look at her. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that (Y/N) is... smiling. She puts her hand on her chest.

"I trust you will do the right things!"

What... does she mean? And how can she make me feel... relieved?

"I will!" I give her a smile.

I don't think it's the truth...

"So... take care!"

"You too!" I replies in enthusiasm. "And Boris! Take care of her for me!"

Boris makes an Ok gesture, smiling.

I get off the lift. A dead Striker's clone grabbing a metal heart is before my eyes. Disgusting! As I take it, a loud screech suddenly echoes the corridor.

'Guess he doesn't want anyone to take those things away.' I decide I will ask for his permission when I see him.

"Norman, 4 ink hearts left, here I come." I say, stepping into the dark corridor.

Well, I think it's a good idea for (Y/N) not to come with me. She must be scared to death if she knows how dark it is.

'If that happens, maybe she will hold my hand like that... again?' The thought makes me blush.

'Focus, Sammy! I can't do that to her, that's so f**king cruel. Besides, don't forget that I lied to her...'

Brushing off my thought, I continue my search. Being stuck here enabled me to see well the dark. I find 3 more hearts quickly. Only one left, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't see neither Norman nor Jack. I hope I won't bump into them.

I don't have enough courage to face them.

Suddenly, I find myself being surrounded by a dazzling light. A screech can be heard. I hesitantly turn around.

"Hello old pal... Long time no see, I guess?" I hate saying this, but he looks really terrible. He has turned into an Ink creation, which has a projector head. He is also called The Projectionist. "Sorry for taking you collection and for what I have done... but could you please lend me those hearts? I need them to help at least a friend of ours get out of here."

Norman stares at me. His light is blinking. The next thing I see is he sprinting toward me. His claw points at me.

He's gonna kill me.

'Oh sheet!'

He stabs with all of his might, but I quickly duck it.

"I understand..."

He turns his head to look at me and continue his attacks. I dodge all of his blows and punch him hard across his face.

'That will take him a few minutes.'

"Sorry old pal! I really need them!" I run away as fast as I can with the hearts in my hand.

Sadly, I run into another dead end. I have to admit... I get lost.

Norman's right behind me.

"Stay away or I have to shoot you!" I point my gun at him. "I won't hesitate."

He just looks at me as if he wanted to tell me: "I know you won't shoot."

He's right.

I can't do that the second time. He became like this because of me!

Guilty as I feel, I still have to do this for their sakes.

For her sake.

Norman slowly approaches me. I clench my fist, readying for a fight.

Suddenly, the Projectionist in front of me flinch. He screechs out loud and run away, ignoring me. Somebody must have taken a heart. Well, if that person wants to draw Norman's attention, I want to tell them that they succeeded because Norman is now searching for them. I think I must take this time to run, or find one more heart, or maybe find the person to bargain with them about that heart. A name flashes into my mind, making my eyes widen in realization. Feeling butterflies in my stomach, I run back to the lift as fast as I can.

(Y/N) is in danger!